far cry problem

when playing the game i get small black dots flashing on the screen.this only seems to happen on the ship in areas that look like rusted metal rooms.other areas like out side are fine.

Are you using the latest version of CATALYST drivers for XP 4.4?. If you have them you may want to uninstall them and then reinstalled. I know I had a lot of problems with this game and drivers untill I uninstall them and reinstalled them it didn"t worked. Also most of all don't use windows updater to up them Micro$hit doesn't do it right.

i am just using the drivers that came with the card.its a brand new card.i did try the catalyst drivers but were having trouble with them.

lhys09915 said:
i am just using the drivers that came with the card.its a brand new card.i did try the catalyst drivers but were having trouble with them.
Did you unistall the old driver before install the new? :confused: I found that made a big difference. On a freinds pcs he has a 9200 and the game had problems till I did that, but now the games plays great. In fact I've read that the game can't play on a 9200 which I can tell you for a fact thats untrue. :)

PLAYS great on a hi performance PENT 4 / 3.2ghz laptop with no bother at hi quality too:)

so to say it will not work with a fairly good bolt on graphics card is nonsense :)

its not over clocked.and yes m8 i did uninstall the old drivers.i did install the patch.but dont know if the game was ok before i installed it.is there a way to uninstall just the patch?

Last edited:
Most ram can be run at higher(tighter) settings than default(fex running at cas 2 instead of cas 2.5 or 3).
These settings can usually be changed in the bios. This is done to gain performance(often stability suffers though)
The reason for asking about overclocking and ram settings is that many peeps experience troubles\graphic glitches with farcry when overclocking or running ram out of specs.
At farcrys site they have an patch that updates the game to 1.1.
:)

the ram in bois is at default.i have used the patch.i have been told that it could be the games graphics engine thats the problem.