Failing On Windows Update..!

Hi Friend's..

Im In A Wired Situation..!

I Have Windows XP Pro With SP2 Installed And I Have Had XP Installed Nearly Over 2+ Yrs..! The Window Update Works Great..! Before SP2..!

After I Installed SP2 A Few Updates Installed Via Net..!

Now When I Go On The Windows Update Page It Finds The CRITICAL Updates & When I Click On Install & Accept The Terms & Condition's.. It Brings Up The Downloading & Insalling Dialog Box..

Instead Of It Saying Done Its Sayign FAILED..! On All Downloads..!

HELP..! :(:(:(

If you"re using an official version with a correct license,you better contact windows support.....maybe your key is blacklisted by accident... :D

I Have Contacted Them..! They Say It May Be Due To Some Setting On Your Machine..!
Everything Is Fine Here..!

Yes..

I also Turned Off The Automatic Windows Update From The XP Antispy..!
The Background Inteligence Transfer Is Started Before I Even Start To Update..

I Dont Understand Why It Dont Download The Update..!

Yes..

Also When The Firewall Was Turned On It Worked Then As Well..!
I Dont Understand On What Has Caused It..!

Weird..!

Do as Roadworker said, and also check if you have changed the default ActiveX settings- if you put more strict rules for activeX than "default" then Windows Update malfunctions more often than most of the time...

scarecrow said:
also check if you have changed the default ActiveX settings- if you put more strict rules for activeX than "default" then Windows Update malfunctions more often than most of the time...
Ok I Dont Understand Wat You Mean..

Explain More Please.. :)

I just mean no popup blocker, no spam filters, no activeX filters (from IE addons or from firewall), no Norton - anything... you get the point. Windows upadtes usually don't harm much... :D

Hey Scarecrow..!

The Results Are No Such Luck..!
BUT I Turned Off The REGWIZ.DLL & LICDLL.DLL It Did'nt Work When Someone Brought It Up On Previous Posts..!

But Then I Turned On The BACKGROUND INTELLIGENCE TRANSFER And Now Everything Is Back To Normal..!

Hey Thanks So Much For Everyone Helping Really Appreciate It..

:):):):)