F-Secure 5.30 problem

Several days ago installed F-Secure. On first launch a message said there was a problem with the licence in the registry to reinstall. I did this. On first launch after reinstell, my puter crashed and would not reload windows because of a window protection error. I fumbled around with it for hours. Found about 8 setting in my BIOs had been changed. Went through the trial and error trying to load without win.ini, sys.ini, etc. and the next day got it to win98 to load. It appeared that something in the win.ini file had prohibited a win98 loading but when I tried to isolate which entry was causing the problem, win98 loaded with everything. Finally I reloaded with win.ini and everything as it had been and it worked OK.

That was 2 days ago and it has booted ok.

However, every time I right click on any file, I get a pop up which says F-Secure ENG,03/common FSHXENG.DLL Error 1157 Loading Language DLL. This gets old in a hurry.

Has anyone had a similiar pop up from F-Secure? Or does anyone has any suggestions.

Your input will be appreciated.

Toots

As far as I know there are no blacklist in F-Secure Retail version. However it could be in the Try&Buy. If it´s the trial you have then try to find a copy of the real version. I have used this for years and never had any problems. The license problem might be some kind of "Time-Bomb Protection" blocking you from re-install for a new trial period.
If you use the retail version then it´s strange. Serials used during install are not used for a single user. If a serial get blacked then many legal users will be affected.
I suggest you try to find the cause of this and also find a way to prevent this behavior. My way is to use a "Snap-shot" program and monitor all changes made.
Some extra work but you have one of the best AV apps available..IMO the best..
BTW if you need the retail and can´t find a copy let me know and I´ll try and help.

LaZorMan

RE

LaZorMan, as I recall I got the copy from the makers web site. Will try to find out. Pretty sure it is not the retail version.

Very kind of you to offer to send a copy. Will let you know.

Thanks so much.

Toots