Edit wav files Quickly

knarf

Hi I download spoken .wav files by stream capture. I use a program called rawaverecorder when i have downloaded them i have to top and tail them to do this i use nero wave editor. But with a stream/file that is 280mb up to 900mb it takes ages to open and after i have edited it. it takes ages to close each file. i have tried cool edit this is a more complecated program and it no beter than Nero wave editor. I have a Athlon 2600, 1gb ram, and xp home
Is there is simple and quick way to delete the start and end of each file :confused:

knarf said:
Is there is simple and quick way to delete the start and end of each file :confused:
you can try the free Audacity or my "high cost" favorite WaveLab;
but i think you won't get a speed improvement, because your HDD needs that amount of time for reading and storing such a big file; a fast SCSI HDD or a RAID stripe set would be a solution;

Greetings from
Duracell

Can you make other side to record in ogg or speex format???Youll get a same quality with a 1/1000 size of file.
Speex is a foirmat aimed spoecifically for speech while ogg is a general format which is getting pushed lot today..Its excelent at low bit,perfect at midrange 64-128k and excelent at high bitrates too 128>>>and above that.. :) :)

Yes speex is a format designed for speech, ogg is the container that it is stored in. When you say ogg I guess you mean vorbis, also stored in the ogg container. ogg can also store flac and theora.

You could I guess use AVISynth and trim commands, then avs2wav. You still have to wait whilst it says the new file, but no time wasted opening it in the first place. Guess there must also be some commandline wav splitters.