Easy CD5 XP update trouble!

Hello,

I have now got the XP update (file migrator) from www.roxio.com for Easy CD5 platinum. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I have installed Easy CD5 Platinum again, applied the update and restarted. I keep getting errors when I click on each "project". I think it is bad when a company can write standalone software but can't get an updater sorted.

Can anyone tell me how to remove ALL traces of Easy CD from my computer? Even suggest something else that is as easy to use and works just as well...

Thanks.

T

tattoo

Disable the backup function......it's incompatible with xp,even after the update....

NTI

Hello,

I have tried NTI CD MAKER and it does NOT work with Windows Xp Professional v2535. For some reason it starts off OK as Easy CD does, but gets stuck on the writing side of things. The error is caused because the installation programs do not put required DLL files in the correct directory. The update to Easy CD 5 platinum does not move ALL of the required files either, so XP goes wild and wants to send off error reports.

I'm not sure if Windows XP versions are so different from the one I have, but I am amazed if people have this software working - especially as it doesn't install correctly. The only one that did install correctly was Easy CD5 basic from www.roxio.com , but the 90 day trial expired in 2 days and the details of when it was installed are well hidden.

It's a shame no one knows where they are or whether a patch is available.

Oh well, back to Windows Millennium - at least software works on that. Then my scanner and webcam will also work. XP seems to be a bit of a pain.

T

tattoo

Which version of nti you have installed,dude?5.0.15 is the 1 supposed to have win xp support,but you have to disable the built-in burning program of xp.......you have also to visit roxio's site again to obtain the complete easycd-creator uninstall files,DON'T INSTALL any other burning app b4 you've done this......to prevent conflicts.....

If NTI is not working for you (most probably cause EZCD is still in there) then you might want to try Nero, VOB 6 or CDmate.
Even WinOnCD latest version works on XP (not recomended though)