EAC not seeing audio cd

Seb

Euh, EAc can't see audio cd in drive :(
Suspecting aspi to be f*cked

Hmmm, any other ideas?

ASPI is the first concern, the second being the CD being protected, and the hardware not being able to read the CD.
Check the CD box or the CD itself, if the known logo "compact disc digital audio" is present. If it isn't, it is NOT a real audio CD, but a protected bubspecies.

Seb

Nopes. It's an enhanced cd.
Hmm, but it can't read normal audio cds as well.
:(

Where did i put that aspi 4.6???

ZoZe,even if you need to install aspi 4.60 again,install also vobaspi and set EAC options to use that interface instead of adaptec aspi......works better and doesn't stuff up..;)

VOB's Asapi device interface is indeed a blessing for EAC users- especially if you are on Windows 9X/ME. ASPI cannot lock any device under that environment, but Asapi can... and when doing normal reading the speeds are similar, but when the device reports C2 errors, Asapi is at least twice as fast as Adaptec's ASPI.
And of course ASPI has numerous problems initializing USB or firewire CDR devices , while this is a piece of cake for Asapi.
Too bad that only EAC and the VOB-engined applications can use this interface... the other choice is using Nero's ASPI layer, which at times simply refuses to install as it is recognized as an old ASPI version. Actually there is a hack for this problem (putting in registry a bogus Neroaspi version infomation), but it is not an official Ahead solution, so it may not be "legal" and so i will decline to offer a link to it- you can PM me, of course.