EAC is re-encoding songs upon opening the program

I have no idea why this is occuring. I extracted and compressed a cd last night using Lame 3.92
I *thought* it had completed compression -- all 15 tracks were present in mp3 format.

I opened up EAC today and it automatically began re-encoding 3 songs. Does this mean that EAC wasn't finished with its previous job?

Check under "F9 / Tools"- it seems that you are using commandline Lame and the "do not open external compressor window" box is ticked on.

dx

Yep sounds plausable. At the end of the day your MP3 encoding went well Wedge?.....ie, all 15 tracks were encoded properly or are they (those 3 especially) messed up?

@dxkim, yup all 15 MP3s sound great and in the end that's all I'm after. 3 of them must have not finished encoding during my previous session EAC?

@scarecrow, I do not have that particular setting checked. I use the lame executable with the command line --alt-preset %h extreme %h %l standard %l %s %d

Wow! Nix the comment about all MP3s being fine. In fact, 3 of them DID NOT encode properly. I noticed the file size being too small (104KB, 244KB, and 136KB). They are incomplete but I'm going to try encoding these songs again and report back.