DVDSTripper and Seamless Branching problem

audi2honda

I have a seamless branching movie 'Alien' that has a director and theatrical cut on it. I only wanted to keep the directors cut so in DS I unchecked everything (as recommended so that when you recheck what you want all linked cells are selected correctly) I then selected the title I wanted it picked up some linked cells from others which is correct I suppose. Ok so far...

However after processing I loaded up DS's output into ifoedit and found that for I still had the option to remove seamless branching in my main movie VTS. Does this mean DS didn't strip it correctly? or is the way it should be?

I wasn't sure so I used ifoedit to remove all seamless branching and reprocessed the vobs.

The reason I'm asking is because after processing I used the 'Big 3' from the doom9 guides and ended up with a movie that was about 13 seconds out of audio sync. I'm wondering if it has to do with this seamless branching stuff since I know seamless branching movies share audio and vob IDs.

Thanks!!

audi2honda said:
I never said I didn't own it.
Hi

even if you own it, I still won't offer support as it's something I don't really want to go anywhere near :(

the less I know about it the better

audi2honda

MackemX said:
Hi

even if you own it, I still won't offer support as it's something I don't really want to go anywhere near :(

the less I know about it the better
So DS officially doesn't support seamless branching?

audi2honda said:
So DS officially doesn't support seamless branching?
no, I support any issues raised with DS but I cannot support using DS on copyrighted material if you ever get an issue with that material

you are using it on 'Alien' which I know is copyrighted, therefore the issue you have I cannot help you with, regardless of whether it is legal in your country or not to backup that DVD :(

I try to make everyone aware of this with disclaimers on the site, emails and the forum as well as the occasional post but once in a while it raises it's ugly head ;)

I do hope you understand this now :)

LakersFan

Maybe next time instead of saying I have "Alien", try saying I have a "home video" <wink, wink> with seamless branching..... :p