DVDStripper 0.1.1 IFOedit error

Oldeman

DVDStripper 0.1.1 error...

I have unzipped DVDStripper 0.1.1 into my current DVDStripper 0.1.0 folder and attempted to strip The Coneheads DVD.
The Cloneheads DVD strips sucessfully with DVDStripper 0.1.0 using the same file paths as set up for 0.1.1.

Am I installing 0.1.1 wrong? There were only four files in the package . Three text files and the 0.1.1.exe file.

First, it is not remembering the DVD-rom source drive (N:), it keeps switching source back to the DVD-writer drive (M:).

Second on execution, I have tried two diffentent DVDs with similar errors as follows:

After ripping ok, and selecting three warning messages to remove... Immediately after processing bar, I get the following IFOedit error message(s):

Background shows:
IFOedit .95, VIDEO_TS.IFO/VMG Overview panel..
Foreground message popup--> IFOEDIT
missing destination path-filename for output-VOB file
only option OK....

I take OK and then quit...(also tried save)
get same messages for VTS_1_0.IFO and then run-time error '53'

DVDStripper setup:
Own Folder under Program Files on drive C:
IFOedit .95 in same directory.
IFOedit.ini (for 1024 resolution) in Windows dir.
PowerDVD xp 4.0 in own folder.
StripperTEMP and StripperBACKUP folders on Drive D:
StripperOUTPUT folder on Drive C:
DVD (Coneheads) in DVD-ROM drive n:

HW Configuration:
HP desktop Win98SE 750 AMD processor 256mb ram, 32mb video(1024x768 32bit color)
2-30Gb 7200rpm drives, DVD-rom. HP DVD300i writer
USB attached: Visioneer 8920 scanner, HP952 ink jet printer.

rayd

I have unzipped DVDStripper 0.1.1 into my current DVDStripper 0.1.0 folder and attempted to strip The Coneheads DVD

did u delete your previous stripper from the folder ? if u did ,delete the folder and contents and try a fresh install maybe something got mixed up somewhere along the line.
it may be a good idea to put ifo.edit in a directory of it's own.

Last edited:
Oldeman said:
The Cloneheads DVD strips sucessfully with DVDStripper 0.1.0 using the same file paths as set up for 0.1.1.

Am I installing 0.1.1 wrong? There were only four files in the package . Three text files and the 0.1.1.exe file.

First, it is not remembering the DVD-rom source drive (N:), it keeps switching source back to the DVD-writer drive (M:).

Second on execution, I have tried two diffentent DVDs with similar errors as follows:

After ripping ok, and selecting three warning messages to remove... Immediately after processing bar, I get the following IFOedit error message(s):
I don't know what you mean by "The Cloneheads DVD strips 'sucessfully with DVDStripper 0.1.0 using the same file paths as set up for 0.1.1."

you don't have to install 0.1.1, you just create a shortcut to exe and use that

the DVDROM path should also be remembered in version 0.1.1 as soon as you select it. Try this test, start DS and only change the DVD path and close DS, when you resart it the new DVD path should be remembered

you need to do the following anyway

delete the Ifoedit.INI file in Windows and also delete the TEMP/DEST/BACKUP folders

set the paths for Ifoedit and the DVDROM. Create new folders using the browse for path in each setting and then click the Rip button

remove what you want and click Process and leave the PC and see what happens

Oldeman said:
DVDStripper 0.1.1 error...

I have unzipped DVDStripper 0.1.1 into my current DVDStripper 0.1.0 folder and attempted to strip The Coneheads DVD.

Background shows:
IFOedit .95, VIDEO_TS.IFO/VMG Overview panel..
Foreground message popup--> IFOEDIT
missing destination path-filename for output-VOB file
only option OK....

I take OK and then quit...(also tried save)
get same messages for VTS_1_0.IFO and then run-time error '53'

DVDStripper setup:
Own Folder under Program Files on drive C:
IFOedit .95 in same directory.
IFOedit.ini (for 1024 resolution) in Windows dir.
PowerDVD xp 4.0 in own folder.
StripperTEMP and StripperBACKUP folders on Drive D:
StripperOUTPUT folder on Drive C:
DVD (Coneheads) in DVD-ROM drive n:

HW Configuration:
HP desktop Win98SE 750 AMD processor 256mb ram, 32mb video(1024x768 32bit color)
2-30Gb 7200rpm drives, DVD-rom. HP DVD300i writer
USB attached: Visioneer 8920 scanner, HP952 ink jet printer.
It almost sounds like you're still running 0.1.0

Did you follow the guide provided for setting paths, etc. for 0.1.1?

Good Luck!

Oldeman

Still have IFOedit VOB destination file path error

I have tried all the suggestions above and DVDStripper now remembers the DVD source drive letter.

However, it still give the same IFOedit error message as before. I have tried it on now a third DVD and get the same result.
Does it store file path info in the registary? an ini or how does it pass the info to IFOedit?

Awaiting ideas..

Note 0.1.0 works on my system with the elsewhere covered IFOedit workarounds.

Oldeman

Imhosts, you're not

lmhosts said:
man, I'm glad I'm not the only one ...

rgds.

lm
I consistantly get the IFOedit destination path error message on DVDStripper 0.1.1. I have trying running dependency walker on DVDStripper, but it keeps telling me that a DEBUGGER is running and quits.
There is no known (debugging software) running in my task list other than Dependencywalker. Its a slick program.

I have tried all the recommended (fixes) suggested in this forum and some additional things on my own. I admitt that many diffent types and versions of software have been loaded and unloaded from my Win98SE sytem. >200k registery entries.

DVDStripper 0.1.0 runs with an occasional IFoedit hickup (usually correctable).

Hopefully the next version will be self correcting.

@Oldeman, have you not checked your PM's?

you mustn't have email notification as I sent you one yesterday :)

p.s. how are you loading DVDStripper into Dependency Walker?. Is DVDStripper actually running at the time?

StanHere

For MackemX in particular & possibly others..........

Most recently used DVDStripper v0.11 to rip Sopranos4 disk 1 With IFoEdit v0.95 and disk 2 with IfoEdit v0.96.

Though done days apart, all steps/process/conditions in ripping 'disk1' and later 'disk2' were identical excepting IfoEdit versions.

While both 'burned' episodic results from disk 1 & 2 sources play fine on my stand-alone, DVDPlayer, an APEX 5131, Nero v6.0x gave up a "non-compliance...........may not be playable" warning on the 'IfoEdit v0.96'
disk2 product, even after I reran it to correct "menu extras".

[Yes!.. I note that MackemX's great instructions say [use] IfoEdit v0.95!] to which Nero v6.0x made no complaint.

-------
Also, I find that with this new Sopranos4 DVD series, though episodic in nature, the four episodes on disk1 and the three on disk2 and contained all together in a single series of VOB's; ie VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB etc rather than VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_02_1.VOB, VTS_03_1.VOB etc are not consequently "reauthorable" with DVDShrink BUT are with DVDStripper.

Am I incorrect?

Greets-to-All!

yep, that's exactly why I say use 0.95 as I have not had the time to fully check out 0.96 yet. Ifoedit 0.95 is one of the best DVD backup tools you can get

I haven't got a clue what the Soprano's DVD is and I'm not really sure what you mean but you should still be able to reauthor anything using DVDshrink no matter how the VOB's are laid out as the title's will normally be the same

Oldeman

Yes..Yes...Yes.. Ver 2 beta 2 works great

MackemX
:)
Just tried Version 2 beta 2 and it works with no hickups in Ifoedit.
The Ifoedit destination patherror that I had with ver 1.1 is GONE...

Congratulations on the new features and it seems to run faster also...I'm excited again.

Keep up the good work...
Thanks
The Oldeman