dvd2scvd

Can someone help me with a problem I have. I am trying to convert an avi using DVD2SVCD but at the encoding bit useing
CCE I get a error telling me CCE does not support 1to1 encoding and a list of the frame rates that it does which includes the frame rate of the movie i am trying to convert (23.976). Do I have a bad copy of CCE or am I missing a check box in DVD2SVCD, or is there some other operation I need to do beforehand. :confused:

Do not know what your problem is,but iuf you follow cm tut--shouldnt be any probs--did more then 20 movies that way!!!

What version of CCE are you using, version 2.50.x is the ONLY version I would recomend for trouble free encoding with DVD2SVCD. Works EVERY time for me.

Are you sure the AVI is EXACTLY 23.976 fps, check with right click and properties/summary.

cce

CM It is version 2.50 & I just check properties & in the summary under video it tells me the frame rate is 23 fps, will this not work under CCE will I need to use some other method of conversion ?

Sorry, but is that 23 or was it 23.000 fps? Can you check the frame rate in VirtualDUB also? Load in and go to File/File Information.

If its slightly out, CCE will just do an auto adjustment and convert to 23.976 fps. It may through the audio out of sync but in Maestro, just make a Audio sync track and it fixes the problem.

Have a read through the tute, are there any settings you have differently than those there?

cce

In properties it give the frame rate as 23 fps not 23.000
In vdub it gives the frame rate as 23.976 fps as I am a bit of an novice at this can you explain what the differance is I mean CCE supports 23.976 but not 23 I think that right so will I need to change the frame rate say to 25 fps so that it will be accepted in CCE ? Or I am just doing it wrong ?

jumping here...excuse me1

just a little hint:

from read-me of http://www.dvd2svcd.org/Readme.txt

"HISTORY:
XX feb 2003 version 1.1.3 build 1
- Enhancement: Added support for Canopus ProCoder 1.25.15.0
- Bug Fix: Permanent Subtitles + Canopus ProCoder didn't work. Fixed
- Bug Fix: Fixed various subtle problems when interfacing with ProCoder.
- Bug Fix: External Subtitles not formated properly, could produce an "Access Violation" or a "List index out of bounds" error.
- Change: I've removed the codec check. Itseemed to give some problems, especially with xvid.
- Bug Fix: If using frameselection, the cd sizes selected would not be reduzed to the proper size.
- Enhancement: Support for CCE 2.66 (and maybe 2.67 too). But, if you are using the demoversion you have to use RB's EclCCE (Load EclCCE.exe instead of cctspt.exe). You can download it here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46664 Thanks to RB for this little nifty tool :)
- Enhancement: Support for CCE Templates (sort of). You can select a CCE Template in dvd2svcd, but this is only for settings which isn't already in dvd2svcd. That is, the template will _not_ overwrite the settings already existing in dvd2svcd.
- Enhancement: Chapters are added to the ECL file. Should make the chapter entries when authoring dvd's more precise.
- Enhancement: You can preview External Subs in the Preview Window.
- Enhancement: Added support for Avisynth 2.5
- Enhancement: You can now encode in MPEG2 but use MPEG1 (VCD) when muxing and authoring. This should help some who can't watch SVCD's only VCD's on their DVD (I know Panasonic can, using this method). All you have to do is go into the bbMPEG tab, dropdown the bbMPEG advanced features and doubleclick on MPEG1."

under construction!
;)

Thanks Jorel, but that Beta version has not been released yet anyway. Its also not going to solve daveh1171's problem either as even old versions of DVD2SVCD can handle 23.976fps avi's.

ChickenMan said:
Thanks Jorel, but that Beta version has not been released yet anyway. Its also not going to solve daveh1171's problem either as even old versions of DVD2SVCD can handle 23.976fps avi's.

of course my friend... i post:

"under construction" !

dvd2svcd

I finally got to the bottom of it all, it was the copy of DVD2SVCD that I had I went to the web site & upgraded that fixed everything avi's converted & already viewed. Thanks everyone for your replies its great to know I can get help when its needed at this excellent site.