Dvd-r-a03

The A03 can only write to a sigle sided & single layered 4.7gig DVDR. Most commercial DVD's are bigger than that unfortunately.

However, I have heard that it is possible to rip the DVD to HD with Smartripper (removing copyright and Macrovision) and then burn to DVDR using Nero 5.5.5.1. I dont have one of those units so I cant confirm.

Cheers,

then ....??

Thanks for reply.

Just I need information because here this unit is very expensive...
800 u$s.
I'm dude...
buy... yes...no...yes..no:confused:

Dont worry, its expensive every where.

Personly I would hang off buying for a bit longer as the DVD-R media is still to expensive. When it drops down a bit, (to about US$5) then it would be a viable option.

hello, i'm interested in recording my own personal dvd's from various sources. i've looked into vcd and svcd and found the quality is not high enough for my standards. i am now looking at 2 different dvd recorders. the first is a stand alone panasonic which records on dvd ram discs or dvd-r. i wonder if the disc in the dvd ram cartridges can be removed and played in most dvd players. the second is the pioneer dvr-ao3. this one is where i need some help. if i bought this drive i would setup a new pc because at this time i only have a laptop. so far this is the info that i have; barebones pc with pentium 4, pentium mother board, and floppy. price = 300.00 to 400.00 usd. pioneer dvr-ao3 price 550.00 usd. dazzle video creator II pci video capture to mpeg2. price = 229.00 usd. i would still need a sound card, monitor. keyboard, and mouse. any info or suggestions in this area would be greatly appreciated. also is it possible to download an mpeg or divx movie encode to mpeg2, record to dvd and get better picture quality than what you started with ?

ChickenMan said:
Dont worry, its expensive every where.

Personly I would hang off buying for a bit longer as the DVD-R media is still to expensive. When it drops down a bit, (to about US$5) then it would be a viable option.
there is a place that is sealing them really cheap
http://www.cd-recordable.com/

not that cheap but 3 us$ isnt that bad

mal, thats a cheap price indead. Cheapest here in Australia is AUS$19 or about US$9 but they must get cheaper as more DVD units are sold and demand increases.

Worm164, welcome to the forum. The system you are contemplating to buy is all you will need and will serve you well. I would go for the Pioneer unit. No you cant improve the quality of a movie once captured/recorded/etc. Infact each time a movie file is encoded/modified there tends to be a fall in overall quality, not an increase.