DVD Decrypter Down

Laz

No, sadly not. :(

DVD Decrypter is NO more m8.

See the CDFreaks news page for today and why by LIGHTNING UK!

Gutted! :(

Yet again, the big guy's multi-million dollar lawyers swat the little guy - time to make sure you have the most up to date copy possible, of this and any other things the media barons will take a dislike to, aided by biased DMCA-style legislation.

It's a pity this wasn't on the open-sourced / run and hide model that LAME MP3 survives on, as it seems to be a valid principle that source code comes under "free speech" protection.

As said, it certainly plays into the hands of Slysoft (CloneCD / CloneDVD / AnyDVD) - the cynical may even wonder if THEY actually started agitating against their free competition.

Now what else to grab?

Sad to hear its gone.
Well done to Lightning Uk for all his efforts on this awsome software !!! R.I.P

DALAMAR23666

It is sad to see such talent put out to pasture because of a greedy company. Think about it how much do movie stars really get from the dvd sales? Not nearly as much from the movies, if it is anything like cd's it is about 30 cents per dvd. I guess greedy bastards are all the same, be it movies, music, oil, food etc. Thank you to everyone that worked on the DVD Decryptor software, your hard pennyless work will not be forgotton.

Edit: Some information I have found is that

Domain Name: dvddecryptor.com
Registrant
------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Admin
Organization: LaPorte Holdings
Email: admin@laporteholdings.com
Address: 5482 Wilshire Blvd 1928
City Province Post Code: Los Angeles CA 90036
Phone: 213-683-9910

For anyone keeping tabs LaPorte Holdings also owns various kazaa related websites. Hmmmmmmm maybe they are the company that is the governments b!tch for website hosting

Last edited: