dvd copies ok with tutorial

firstly thanks to elpresidente for the dvd tutorial,i am able to back up most dvd's buy just keeping the main stripped movie,but 2day i tried to back up a movie and even when ifo edit stripped all the extras it was 4.7 gigs,any way to cut it down by 200 megs?
i guess this will be by transcoding,but i have not tried this yet.
i bet theres no simple method.

transcoding

i've been onto the ifo site and have now worked out how to take about 5% off my movie using rempeg2 1.52 which should make it fit to a dvdr,the only problem is i'm stuck at the stage where i need to remux the created .m2v file back into my VOB files, with IfoEdit. and i'm not sure how.i asume this will give me my original vob's back ,help.thanks
site was called h**p://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/Derrow/rempeg.html

E

elpresidente

hmm ... don´t use rempeg ... the quality rempg produces is rather poor in some cases there a real big blocks !!! and i mean really big !!
for remuxing with rempg ... just open Ifo Edit ... open Ifo file from mainmovie.... VobExtras.....Remux and then write the location of *.m2v and the vobfiles into the fields...
I can´t do it right now so maybe its not 100% correct but it works this way ...

... a good method without transcoding is to cut vob files ...

hmm .. just download a "Vob splitter" from doom9 and cut the last VOB... nobody wants to see the names of producers and actors for 10min ... it just costs a lot of space ... after cutting don´t forget to use IfoEdits GETVTS function...
hmm..cutting don´t change startsectors but after cutting IfoEdit notices that there r changes ... so ..to avoid problems just do it :)

If that isn´t enough ... I´m on a Transcoding guide with CinemaCraftEncoder... coming soon...

greetz