DVD-9 to Double Sided DVD-R? How?

Is there any tutorial that can explain on how to burn a DVD-9 to a double sided DVD-R?

I already riped the DVD to my hardrive. I might know already how to do it, but I'm not too sure so let me know if I'm doing it right.

The rip is 7.4gb so I'm thinking I just burn 4+gb on one side and then burn the other 3gb on the other. Is it that simple or do I have to burn all the files in some kind of order?

I'm a noob at this. :D

Last edited:
You can use dvdshrink or other such software to fit it all on one 4.3gb DVD-R, or you can use DVDXCopy to make 100% copy and split it for you. Or you can dig in and use a lot of software to make it work as you say. Depends on how much effort you want to put into it.

DVDXCopy is the best I found but the only down side is it leaves a stupid ad saying this is a back-up dvd at the very begining of the dvd. If someone knew how to remove that my problems would be solved.

I'm hoping if I buy the program that video ad can go away.

Maverick-DBZ- said:
I'm hoping if I buy the program that video ad can go away.
You will be disapointed then. Do a search on the forum, the "backup" warning can be removed as it has been answered a few times already.

ChickenMan said:
You will be disapointed then. Do a search on the forum, the "backup" warning can be removed as it has been answered a few times already.
You tellem ChickenMan you guys put a lot of time in this forum and I must say its well spent!!! The search works real well and if you missed it on the top right of ever page 2nd link over. :D :D :cool: