Dvd 2 avi

I ripped dvd with dvd stripper and i got now 30-40 vobs..Movie is l.o.t.r. 1..
All vobs play on a hd,so how i can convert them to avi(xvid)all at once??

I use AutoGordian Knot for making .avi files, it's easy to use and gives good results.

Just do a search on google

use auto GK as suggested by fffclub or a plain GK if u r used to
if u plan on keeping various audio streams +loadable subtitles ,.ogm or mkv(matroska) is an option...then use dvd2ogm proggie ;)

Never used a gk,i really hoped there is a way to do it with a vdub,but you can only select a 1 vob at a time,also there is a tons of software to do dvd 2 avi,but i wanted to take some of those mb down..
Anyway i just downloaded,so will try it..
Thanks!! :)

Well,all vobs were playing good on hd,audio too.
There are two audio tracks,1x6ch.ac3 and france 2 ch ac3..
Every vob i loaded into auto gk i got a picture but not audio,see the3 creenshots..can it recognize ac3??
ok,i ripped it again to ifo so now it works,but there are no options for hvid?
How i can know what it will come out??
Only thing about quality ius to se4lect a filesize..I selected 2 cds as is a 180 min. movie??

Attachments

Last edited:
You can open the first VOB in DGIndex, it should autoload the rest. Then save out a single D2V file, you can then load it into VDub via AVISynth. Personally I like AR Calculator, guess it depends if you are using XviD as a codec or not though.

celtic_druid said:
You can open the first VOB in DGIndex, it should autoload the rest. Then save out a single D2V file, you can then load it into VDub via AVISynth. Personally I like AR Calculator, guess it depends if you are using XviD as a codec or not though.
Actually,whats happened is that i thought that auto gk was really poor with features,and since was a really late and without patience anymoree,i run anydvd and nero recode..And it rippped movie-only as i wanted and converted to mp4..Process is complettely automatic :) :p :) ,it was finished in around 5 hrs and i went with best quality..
Anyway both cds come out perfrect,and probably i will use this in future too :)
But movie played perfect vin a nero player only???In quick time the sound was ok,but picture had some blokes??and mpc couldnt play it at all???
How i can play nero digital in regular players?
Btw,thanks for all suggestions :)

Quicktime has about the crappiest MPEG4 implimentation around and instead of fixing it I guess they just decided to move onto H.264. If the sound was ok then I guess you used LC aac and not HE.

Installing 3ivX should fix the quicktime problem and will allow playback in mpc and any other dshow player as it installs a mov/mp4 splitter. You need to enable external filters if you want to use a different video decoder, also so that you can use coreaac for audio decoding.

Pretty sure that at least some of Nero's dshow filters can be used in 3rd party apps though.

Personally I would still rather use XviD for the video, you can still use Nero for the audio and store it in an mp4 container.

Thanks a lot..Now it plays in a mpc :) :)
Yes,i l;ike xvid too and usually it can go perfect for movies up to 2hrs/per 1 cd :) :)
Its just that this one wasaround 185 minutes so i had to go on a 2 disks anyway,++with no dvd experiencieses i just took the fastest and safest route :)
Btw..this 3 ivx??I downloaded a demo??Decoders will be free,right??Only if i want to encode i have to pay it,right??
Thanks!!