Dual Layer Media

Trekker

HI there

I'm New to DL and was wanting to know where i could get some DL Discs for my NEC 3520A Drive?

At the moment i am just using DVD-R 8x Discs.

Also I have a DVD that is about 8Gb and is a DL disc the way to back it up and is it like backing up normal DVD's?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Trekker

Trekker

Thanks LTR12101B

I noticed that these are DVD+R, would they work on the NEC drive that i have or will i have to get a Firmware update (i really do not want to do that is i do not now what to do and could bugger the drive)

Thanks again

Trekker

No problem for 3520. My older 3500 has burned six DL media (TDK) with the Liggy 2.18 firmware with no issues- but for me the price of DL media is still very high, compared to single layer ones.

Dual layer in +R was the first format to go dual ... DVD-R dual layer is much more recent.

Prices are still way above two good quality single layers medias, but the price at my local computer fair has slid from £3.50 each to £2 or less.

The NEC 35xx series drives are dual format +R/-R, as were the 2500's, and the earlier drives and single format versions were +R only, not -R. Unusually for a company that started on the +R side of the fence, their dual format drives are pretty good with either, given media that isn't total junk.