download prob

when i try to download from cdrsoft or any other site, and save 'target as', i keep on gettin 'connection with server lost'. i am using win98. Has anyone any suggestions please? thanks jkat:cool:

thanks weboneando:) but i have tried this and some sites dont allow flashget:( i'm ok with very small files, 50k or so, any thin larger, i can guarantee just stops with 'connection lost...' (it does start to download but usually about half/quarter of the way stops) this is most frustrating when the download is about to succeed and the server does not support resume:rolleyes: the same with 'save target as'. jkat

dialup

I have emailed blueyonder but no reply??:mad: thanks again weboneando. I think you are right its lookin like this is the prob (im on dialup) so i'll give em a ring (this can take hours:rolleyes:). jkat:cool:

yes dial-ups tend to have a lot of problems for downloads.
I would suggest you also try increasing your TTL (time to live) for your modem from default of 32 I think to 128 or so (could help).
Also perhaps change your MTU value (so your modem isn't recieving more than it can chew *which will slow it down or makes you lose packets).

dialup prob

It worked!:D this i don't understand, I have been dowloadin with previous settings 12 months+ and everything fine till 2 weeks ago. Still can't complain, it works now thanks to u guys:D jkat:cool: