divx

anybody rippin dvd's out there how quick does fladk run at frames per second i only get around 1 fps which is way slow and takes ages to rip a dvd any other suggestions would be welcome rhanks

Yes at 1 fps it would not be worth doing, time would be measured in Days, not hours.

I have used Flask quite a bit (thats version 0.6 with 1.1 update) to encode to VCD, to do DivX its always a bit quicker. On my Athlon 1.2gHz under Win2000, I get about 6 to 6.8 fps depending on the movie. Thats for PAL, NTSC is normally a bit quicker as well.

What processor do you have as thats the prime speed determining factor.

Cheers,
ChickenMan

I get about the same with my Athalon. 6.8 - 7.5 fps. My PIII 600 is about 5 fps That's NTSC w/win98... It also help to kill all the threads running in the background.

I've just posted a Tutorial in the new Tutorial section that you guys might want to check out.

Its got lots of tips and is a fairly easy step by step tut to follow. It does produce the best VCD quality in the quickest time as well.

Cheers,
ChickenMan

dvd-divx

Well in my BH6v1.1 and celleron 566@850i'm getting 8,5-8,5fps with latest flask mpeg 0.6 v1.1 And with Xmpeg 4.13c i'm getting 12 fps....... hum....