DivX player on Dreamcast

Hi anyone, I have the DCDIVX burnt and it's working great on my Dreamcast.
However it does not seem to be able to read latest DivX drivers (5.02)
Am I right ? Is there any DCDIVX 5.* DivX player for the DC out yet ?
THX

beta 4 of the dreamcast divx player can cope as far as i know but struggles with large file sizes anything more than a 300 meg file and it sticks and just plays the audio :(

not tested cuttin larger files or whole cd divx copies to smaller chunks as yet to see if that solves the problem !? but having it in more splits makes it a pain to watch so which do you choose !? smaller files with les quality !? better quality and file loading every half hour !? :(

Last edited:
It works great for me. I encoded Undercover Brother with Divx 5.02, it came out to be just under 400 megs and it played great.

If you follow this tutorial, everything should work perfectly:

_http://www.consolevision.com/dreamcast/dcdivx/index.shtml

i think it cannot cope with files 700 meg which is how i usually get my divx films have you tested with films over 400 meg !? "DrWarrior12" it seems to trip up with full cd conversions :( i have smaller divx rips which work fine i think i will have to test and cut one of my 700 meg divx films in half and burn to 2 cds and see of that resolves it :)

viper, the problem is your bitrate. it needs to stay under 800kbps TOTAL (video+audio) or somewhere around there.

and the resolution must be under 480x480
or something like that :)

i just encode my videos 320x240 600kbps divx 5.02
NO PRO FEATURES
and they work fine.
if you want better bitrate control, you can try xvid
learn more about divx/xvid encoding at _www.doom9.org