digi cam memory help :(

i just got myself a konica digital camera. i can take pics and put them onto my pc with no problem through a usb connection.

i just got a 64mb sd memory card so i can store more pics on my camera. the problem i'm having is that the pc is not reading any pics on the sd card.

do you usually have to use a seperate card reader or should the pc beable to read the sd card while it's in the camera??

any ideas?? :confused:

cheerz

You should be able to read the card in the camera as you did before you put the card in ?!

I use a konica with a 32mb m/m card in it and it reads the pictures in just fine ?!

When you connect the camera to the pc connect the camera 1st then connect the usb the konica should fire up and ask to use it as a disk drive as it did before the card was used !?,

you should be able to use the camera as another drive through my computer is should show as a removable drive at whatever letter its allocated at :)

You did format the card when you put it into the camera !?

It should prompt you too !?

You can also erase and format the card within windows like any other drive :)

S/D should be no different !? im sure of it ?!

Are you sure it's the CARD you can't see?

some cameras disable the internal memory when a card is fitted, so if you see only ONE location, and it's the size of your card, then that's what it's doing.

Others present it as an alternative directory - in some cases, even if it works with generic XP support, you need the correct driver to enable additional functionality.

Looks like Konica tend NOT to do XP drivers.
Which model?
Is it one of the DUAL memory ones?

ok this is what happens with my camera guys.

using just the internal memory when i connect the usb cable to my camera i get the box popping wit 'removable disc h:' at the top and a list of options. i choose microsoft camera wizard which then displays all the pics from my digi cams internal memory on my pc and allw orks fine.

when i put the 64mb sd card in and connect my camera to my pc i get a 'autoplay box' come up with a torch moving in it. after searching it changed to a h: white screen with no photos showing even though i have taken pics. when i view properties for h: it shows total size as 0MB.(i have formatted it)

i am going to return the memory card and get another one sent to me as i THINk it must be faulty.

thanx for your help :cool:

p.s the card was an integralmemory one one btw and my camera was the konika kd-20m which dosn't need any drivers to work with xp.it's not a dual memory one

if you still have no luck with a S/D card try get a M/M card what i use !? see if that makes any difference :)

i did not need any special drivers it just picked it up as a usb removable drive :)

works just fine as it is :)