cutting mpg files

I captured a tv program with a Snazzi III capture card, this cards encodes directly to MPEG2 by hardware so in order to save time making a dvd I looked for an editor to cut out commercial from the captured file, well found MPEG-VCR and decided to give it a try, now the problem is this:

I cut out all the unwanted material in the editor window and then save the file, if I´m not mistaken this should give me an mpg file with the lenght that was set in the editor, well the file starts very fine (the first unwanted segment is removed) but then at the point where the second segment should be removed the file ends abruptly.

At the time of saving the program reports to be writing an 900mb file but the file only has 350mb.

Any ideas of what could be causing this? or should I try another program?

MPEG2VCR is normally one of the best for cutting MPEG2 files. M2-Edit is another and MPEGCut is a simple to use and effective cutter.

Its been a while since I used MPEG2VCR for editing, but double check your settings, sounds like something has been set wrong.

Thanks ChikenMan but still need some help, I´m lost in here.

I´m still having the same problem with mpeg2-vcr, after trying every setting option avaible couldn´t get it to save the entire file so what I did is to capture segments between commercials and just cut the beggining and end to later join all the clips this way it seems to work but now the problem is that cutting at the clip beggining is accurate but at the end it´s a difference of 3 secs between what I see in the editor and what is displayed in the generated file, any idea what is causing this?

Also tryied M2-Edit and cutting is very accurate but the generated file has an audio delay that gets bigger as the clip advances, source file has no synch problem at all so can tell what´s the problem in here.

Any ideas or advices are trully welcome since I have tryied everything that came to my mind but still stuck with this.

AZImmortal said:
TMPGEnc has an mpeg cutting tool that you can try using.
Thanks, already tried with TMPGEnc, don´t know why with MPEG-1 worked flawlessly but with MPEG-2 (wich is what I need to edit) if I use more than 2 clips the program simply closes down with no error report, besides I´ve read from several places that the file generated with "merge & cut" from TMPGEnc has compatibillity issues with dvd authoring programs can´t tell if this is true since I haven´t got to that point.

TMPGEnc has real problems with cutting and muxing MPEG2 files, the resulting files are always screwed up. Been that way for sometime so I never ever use it. MPEGCut is the one I generally use if needed as even cuts VOB files cleanly. Its based on DVD2AVI code actually. Worth a try, and its free from http://darkav.de.vu/