Cpu cooler

02coled

hello
does any one know of a good skt 478 cooler or the best 478 cooler as i currently have coolmaster aero 7 and my 2.93ghz celeron D runs at over 50 celcius when running games e.g HL2 and have been told on another forum that i could get it cooler with a better cooler yet they never got back to me with anything better i was also looking at feeding some sort of air duct to the cooler fan so that it doesnt just suck in the hott air from inside the case but from outside and wondered if this would help and if any one else has done it
thanks
damian

P.S. wOULD SOMTHING LIKE ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED BE A BETTER COOLER

Last edited:
THIS Is my Q-TEC heat pipe with heat sink and fan..(see image)

does a great job when im processing video ..althogh i do have 2x 4 inch case fans in the side of my case because i do a lot of video processing too :)

but for gaming it should be pretty good too :)

other users have their preferences too this is mine :D

Attachments

50° isn't that hot when playing games.....if you already have a decent cpu fan,you will get only a few degrees
difference if you buy another one.....Watercooling is the way to go,but still rather expensive...
Also,be shure to have good airflow in your case....a fan in the front of your case that sucks the cold air in and a fan at the back of the case that blows out the hot air is important to eliminate the components heat inside......

02coled

roadworker said:
50° isn't that hot when playing games.....if you already have a decent cpu fan,you will get only a few degrees
difference if you buy another one.....Watercooling is the way to go,but still rather expensive...
Also,be shure to have good airflow in your case....a fan in the front of your case that sucks the cold air in and a fan at the back of the case that blows out the hot air is important to eliminate the components heat inside......
hello
i have 2x 8cm fans in the front 1 8cm in the side and a 12cm in the back
and thats the most i can get into it
and it stills runs at 50 celcius on a game
thanks
damian cole

02coled

The-poacher said:
Driil a couple or three small holes on the top of your case to let hot air out <> sounds stupid BUT it really helps
hello
But wouldent the PSU or the 12 cm fan or 8 cm fan remove this anyhow
thanks
damian cole

02coled said:
hello
But wouldent the PSU or the 12 cm fan or 8 cm fan remove this anyhow
thanks
damian cole
I have one case with one of its extractor fans blowing Out of the top of the case this PC ran cooler than my other so I drilled the holes & it lowered the temp not High tec I know but It works for me.

The-poacher said:
I have one case with one of its extractor fans blowing Out of the top of the case this PC ran cooler than my other so I drilled the holes & it lowered the temp not High tec I know but It works for me.

:)

LOW TECH is always a cheaper than buying a whole new case :D

my 2 x 4 inch fans in the side of the case are homebrew fitted :)

cost me a grand total of £4 for 2 fans that plug between power connectors of the computer and about an hours work :)

Up to 58-59 degrees celsius isn't a problem.
A REAL problem is that a Celeron cannot stand the stress some modern games put in the cpu (and gpu), but this hardly has something to do with heat...

02coled

Yes i know lol but i cant really afford much else i am 15 lol and it was a celeron 2.6ghz before i looked at Pentium 4 but were dramtically out my price range so i cope with what i have lol
thanks
damian cole

The arctic Freezer range seems to get decent reviews, but then, so does the Aero 7 - better than the usual generic lump - though for good parformance, it needs the speed up.

Actually, 50+ on load is hardly hot - cooler than any of mine have ever run.

Looking at the Aero, the idea of ducting seems interesting, not even to outside, but just to further away, so it doesn't scoop ist own outflow back again.

Another thing, if the case has positions for them, fitting a front intake (often in a clip-box fitting) and a rear exhaust fan is always useful, to get more air circulating through the case. An empty fan postion near the PSU tends to reduce airflow from elsewhere, as it's easier to draw air in through there.