Copying settings

Can you copy program and desktop settings/preferences from the root account to the user account,for example, to give Firefox and the desktop the same look and feeling on both accounts?

Talking about Linux?
Sure you can, but you have to chown the configuration files, so that they will be accessible and writable by the user in mind, and ONLY by him.
For example, copying the whole (hidden) .mozilla folder from the user account to the root account (overwriting everything there) and then chowning the whole copied folder and contents to "root/root" should suffice.
But then practically it has little point: The root account should NOT be run with GUI- much preferrable is using a root console, or if you explicitly need running application "foo" as root, doing it as "kdesu foo" (if you happen to use KDE), or "gksu foo" (if you happen to use Gnome).

PCLinuxOS creates 2 logins with GUI on install,user and root.
Stupid me used the root account to setup the OS to my needs and to run most apps without hassle.
At that time,I didn't know that a "user" can setup a distro by using a root console or sudo ......
Since running the os as "root" is dissuaded,I wanna try to transfer my settings to the user account the easy way....:D