Copying DVDs

When you copy a DVD to DVD with a burner and reader do you get all the chapters & menus with it? What is the best software for copying DVD to DVD movies?

DVD Copying

Use RecordNow from this site. You may have to edit
the VOB files to fit on a 4.7 Disc, because the one you are going to copy from will be much larger. Around 7 or 8 GIGS. I us DVDeCrypter 30012
to rip the DVD and VobSplitter26 to split alot of the VOBs to a smaller file. h**p://w*w.doom9.org/software2.htm

E

elpresidente

DVD COPY

there is a real good tutorial on doom9 ...
A 1:1 copy is only possible in certain cases ... i made only 1 time a 1:1 ... most time i strip menu + bonus material ... in most cases u also have to strip audio ..cause there r some u don´t need...

I use a pioneer a03 dvd-r + nero 5.5.7.2 ... works pretty good on most stand alone players ..

greetz

Serious Question DVD Copy

Anyone have good tutorial for copy DVD to DVD-R, with more example, with use of IFOEdit and how i can make a DVD-R that working well in stand-alone player ?
Thanx to everyone that help me.

E

elpresidente

yeah there r good tutorials @ w*w.doom9.org
i used them and my dvds work on standalone players !

BUT !!! IMPORTANT !! don´t use low price medias .. with pioneer a03 u can only burn brand dvd-r at 2speed..
besides low price dvd-r don´t work on every standalone ..
(my config: Pioneer a03 + apple media)

if u still have some questions on ifo edit or ripping or something just write ...
greetz

Thanx for help elpresidente...

The question is...after i strip movie vob (i strip some language and some subtitles that i don't need) and load IFO file for get VTS tables (and IFOEdit resave IFO file automatically) wich other file i must copy from original directory to have DVD complete with menu etcc... ???

E

elpresidente

hmm... i don´t make dvds with menu because i don´t need it...and in some cases the menu is too large to fit on the disc...e.g. Pulp Fiction 700mb !!! only the menu !!

the menu is in the same video title set as the movie is ... for example ... main movie = VTS_01_1.VOB to VTS_01_5.VOB the menu is in VTS_01_0.VOB .. just copy this file in your dvd project and try get_vts in ifo edit ...
i haven´t got time today to try it ... but i will try it on monday .. maybe then i am able to write a better tutorial for u ...

another suggestion:
if u remove the menu ... delete all ifo files and let create IFO EDIT new ones ... to avoid problems ...

greetz

How i can create new IFO files set with IFO EDIT without original IFO files ? Wich IFO files i open to start ?

PS new IFO Edit release is out today ! Now you can test DVD with new option Play DVD :)

E

elpresidente

ok ... just open Ifo-Edit and press Create New Ifos .... Ifo Edit askes u were the VOB files r ... select the first VOB frile and press ok ... ok .. thats it ....don´t forget GET VtS after that ...

greetz

Thanx for help...
Today I buy a DVD-RW and on it I will try several configuration...(and I hope my stand-alone player read DVD-RW!)
See monday to news... :)

Greetz

E

elpresidente

RW + IMPROTANT TIP :)

I ´ve a SAMSUNG 909 .. one of the NOOB Players (reading DVD R/RW)... problems with cheap media ... but ABLE TO READ RW !! without problems ... :)

If u start a test with dvd/rw just burn the :
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
AND THE FIRST VOB FILE ...

enough to test functionality + saving time --> -RW only 1x :)

greetz

Okkey, now i made a working DVD-R !
I use IFOEdit ti strip film (DVD Decrypter for ripping) and IMGTool to make a fully compatible image od DVD-Video that I burn with PrimoDVD 2.0 (that is the only one that burn .img files) and all work in my DVD Player Sony.

PS my PS2 don't play the disk but I think is a DVD-R disk problem.

E

elpresidente

1. sony NS 300 ? still tested .. DVD-R cheap medias work very good ..aslo brand media .. only -RW doesn´t work very good.....

2. I think creating an image is just extra work ... cause it´s really easy to create a working disc with NERO ... without an image ... :)

greetz

No if I burning all with Nero the disc don't work in my stand-alone player ! only i burn the image with PrimoDVD the disc work !

E

elpresidente

how do u create the image ? with IFO EDIT ?

what happens when u put the "nero" dvd-r in the player .... ?
Tested new player ... 170 € "SCHAUB- LORENZ" DVD

Standalone ... works pretty good.. best and cheapest player i ´ve seen ...

greetz

E

elpresidente

NERO DISC !!!!!!

I discovered something new with nero 5.5.7.8 !!!

When I´am using UDF !!1.02 !! my player is able to read "my problem" discs ... (noname DVD-r) ... !!

So .. it also depends on the version of the UDF file system !!

maybe my standalone player has got problems with the 2.01 UDF... cause it is not the newest one...
new players r able to handle 1.02 + 1.50 + 2.01 UDF file system...

i will try this disc (1.02 [last boyscout]) on other players .. maybe it is more compatible !! #

greetz

Exact !
I suppose this when new version of Nero Burning is out and read the changelog...
I will make some experiment and try in my PS2 (that don't read DVD make with Nero Burning!)

The Sony NS300 that I buy read very well DVD-R but don't read DVD-RW :-(
Maybe I change it with a Panasonic RV-31...

E

elpresidente

SONY NS 300 & DVD-RW

I tried it several times and it works ... sometimes there r some stops (movie freezes for half a second). but it works ...
I use JVC - RW ....

Maybe your Player uses an other firmware or something ...

!! IF U CHANGE PLAYER BUY THE CHEAPEST ONE ... THEY R THE BEST !!!

greetz