copy pc games(pulling my hair out)

kes101

Ok freinds...Im sure this question has been asked 1000 and 1 times before. But im trying to copy pc games, but the copys will not work,and after a bit of research i now roughly understand why. My question is HOW DO I COPY THEM SO THAT THEY WILL WORK?? Someone has told me to use a program called clone cd surely its not that simple is it???? I would appreciate your advice before i purchase a copy of clone cd.

dx

kes101 said:
Someone has told me to use a program called clone cd surely its not that simple is it???? I would appreciate your advice before i purchase a copy of clone cd.

Nothing is ever just that simple. A little learning curve is required. ;)

However, CloneCD is pretty good with OLDER games (ie, last years games). Sadly Olli (CloneCD's creator) has not been developing the proggie for some time, so it can't handle many of the latest protections. Instead of purchasing CloneCD, I would give Alcohol 120% a try. It can handle most of the latest protections and is always updated. You can get a 30-day trial here. http://www.alcohol-software.com/

Vitally important is your burner. A burner that can both read and write copy protections is necessary for a good copy that can play in any player. LiteOn is most famous for this. What do you have?

Lastly, each copy protection needs particular settings in Alcohol 120%, CloneCD, etc. to work. Both of these programs have preset settings that can handle copy protections easily for you. But you need to know what copy protection you are trying to copy... so, letting us know what you need to copy will get you in the ballpark. ;)

Or u can wait and buy BlindWrite v5. It will backup games without any settings....all will be set automaticly

R!Co said:
Or u can wait and buy BlindWrite v5. It will backup games without any settings....all will be set automaticly
Exactly.....I'm playing around with it,and it's really good.....only the dvd part needs some fixes b4 an official release.... :)

kes101 said:
My question is HOW DO I COPY THEM SO THAT THEY WILL WORK?? Someone has told me to use a program called clone cd surely its not that simple is it????
First tell us what hardware you've got (what burner/s and cd/dvd roms you've got) and then tell us what you're trying to copy. Then we can tell you if it's even possible with your rig and how to do it if it is.

Dustyboy

Copying Games

i have civilization 3 conquests and i am not able to copy it using my LG burner. I tried using alchohol 120% but i dont know what settings to use...can you help me out?

What copy protection does the game use? What model of LG burner do you have? Do you have any other reading device (i.e. another burner or cd/dvd rom)? More info pls.

Dustyboy

stone_burner said:
What copy protection does the game use? What model of LG burner do you have? Do you have any other reading device (i.e. another burner or cd/dvd rom)? More info pls.
I don't know what kind of copy protection it uses. I have a GCE-8400B LG burner. I have a Toshiba SD-M1502 DVD Rom. How do I figure out the copy protection?

chaser435

I use clonnyxxl and clonecd but I get a error nu tech ddw-082 is not compatable with clone cd read mode "read sub channel data tracks and extra audio info".. I hope I dont need a new dvd burner

Chaser,that dvd writer will not do many of the copy protections.Most of us use a dedicated Cd writer for copy protected games.Newer model Liteon,or Asus being the best.Newer protections are proving difficult for all current writers.

Maybe one of the forum guru's will be more help.Don't forget to check out the tutorials. ;)