coping DVD to DVD

Hi, Every body- Does any body know how to copy a DVD to DVD whith a computer, I have a phillis DVD WRitter but Every time I try to copie a DVD It tells that is copy protected. Do you guys knoow of any software that it can copy a perfect copy.

Thanks

E

elpresidente

yep... the dvd burning section would be the right place :)

then... tell me some things :

DVD burning software
DVD u r trying to copy

greetz

copy DVD to DVD

I have Nero 3.5.7 and stomp Recordnow 3.0.3 and both cannot be used to save the image of protected DVD. Anybody got hints on how to remove this function?

Thanks,

E

elpresidente

? Nero 3 ? Nero 5 ... hmm .. do remove protection just use for example "Smartripper"...

to get a working copy read the TUTORIAL in DVDburning section ....

to get SVCDS odr VCDS read chickenmans TUTORIALs in Movies Section...there is also a guide on Smartripper

greetz

dvd copy

No easy way to do it. +rw is limited right now to 4.7GB. Most dvd's are betwwen 5-9GB. Best way to do it is to use DVD Decrypter (or other ripping software) to extract the ifo and vob files to your HD. Then use FlaskMpeg with bbmpeg plug-in to encode into 720x480 Mpeg 2 w/ 48Khz Audio. In the bbmpeg window, click settings then select dvd under video stream setting tab. Be prepared to wait anywhere from 3 to 48 hours to encode, depending on system. Good results. Any ? send reply.

E

elpresidente

yep .. but the only thing u got is a *.m2v (mpeg2) file... but u need VOBs + Ifos ... so authoring is required ...

greetz

1. FlaskMpeg will multiplex the m2v and mp2 files into a single file with a mpg ext. I use Ulead DVD Movie Factory to burn onto dvd+rw discs.
2. As far as 4489. I never put more than 4GB onto a dvd disc so I wouldn't know. I imagine you can overburn a dvd the same way as a cdr so I'll play with that until I figure it out.

E

elpresidente

yep your right ... your methode also works... everybody have to decide which methode he chooses...
hmm .. just a question r u able to put 2 audios on your dvd ?

greetz

Still haven't figured out how to put 2 audio tracks. Don't think you need to though. Almost all dvd players will downconvert the 5.1 signal to stereo if it isn't Dolby Digital capable.

E

elpresidente

hmm.. most time I put 2 audios on it cause many friends like it ... (english/german) ..

hmm.. downmixing is an optional feature of dvd players ..for people without 5.1 sound system... Stereo downmix has got a seperate connector ..

5.1 ---> digital out ---> surround sound on 5.1 hifi systems with digital in...

or

ac3 decoder is built in (standalone) --->chinch out ---> e.g. Samsung 909 --> surround sound on Dolby Pro Logic system.. most don´t have digital in

2.0 --> Use Stereo downmix connector...cause otherwise some audio details r missing...

greetz

I've never needed 2 audio tracks on one disc so I never tried. What I meant was that some of the newer dvd movies have only the 5.1 soundtrack on the disc. Only option is language. The way you have your dvd player connected to your stereo will determine whether or not you can enjoy 5.1. I prefer optical over coax. If you only have RCA cables then you only get the ProLogic. Since you already know this I'll be on my way now.

Thank You. I built it about 2 months ago and I haven't turned it off yet. Before, I had a 501 Celery in an Emachine setup. It would take about 18 hours to encode into VCD and 48 hours to do DVD. That's why I spec' it with the server components. I can do DVD in 4 hours and VCD in about 1 hour 15 minutes. Best $3000 I've ever spent.