CloneCD 40 Beta 30 and Plextor401240a

CloneCD 4 Beta 30 and Plextor401240a

My question is,

I have The Beta of CloneCD 4 version 30 and a Plextor 401240a and every time I Backup a CD it only manages to get to 24x, of the fly and as an image. How do you increase the speed to say 32x and above?

I use A TDK CD-R80 Reflex Ultra, rated at 32x.(Nero Speed test at 40x)
I have tried the original in my Plextor 241040a and LiteON DVD 163 16x DVD.

When I use the latest versions of CDmate and Nero they give me the rated max speed of 32x.

Is this a problem in CloneCD.

BTW I have tried all different settings in CloneCD but only manage to get 24x:(

Your input is much appreciated.

Thank you

Bartman:cool:

Last edited:

dx

Is the CD an audio CD? If so, the Plex only allows 24x CD audio burning. If not, make sure you have the latest firmware for your drive. In fact, Plex just released a new one yesterday for your drive.

Also don't do on the fly burning, as this could be slowing you down (depending on your system, the other drive, etc.). Try creating an image on your Hard Drive and then burn it. You should be able to get more than 24x this way. :cool:

dxkim said:
Is the CD an audio CD? If so, the Plex only allows 24x CD audio burning. If not, make sure you have the latest firmware for your drive. In fact, Plex just released a new one yesterday for your drive.

Also don't do on the fly burning, as this could be slowing you down (depending on your system, the other drive, etc.). Try creating an image on your Hard Drive and then burn it. You should be able to get more than 24x this way. :cool:
Thanks for the reply but.....a big but:rolleyes: the TDK media is for data....the Plextor I am using for the burn is the 401240 (with the latest firmware)..ps I have just updated the firmware on me 24x plex.....no new firmware for the 40x only the last 1 which is 1.01.

I have tried both off the fly and from an image....UDMA 100 Raid system...tested and runs at UDMA 100;)

The TDK media has got to 40x speed with Nero and 32x on CDmate.....but allas 24x with CloneCD:( .

I personally think it is CloneCD that has a problem...next beta pleaze:)

Any othe tips would be great.

Thanks

Re: Clone 4

joripe said:
This Could Also Be An Idiosyncracy Of Clone Either Its Not Allowing U To Burn Faster Or It Is Misreading The Speed & U May In Reality Be Burning Faster Than 24.
I think Clone has the problem.....my drive is only doing 24x, cus at 32x and 40x the LED on the plex 40x goes like crazy:p, at 24x it just blinks:eek: