Clone CD 4 comments.........

I am very disappointed in Clone CD 4. It is not thing but a piece of crab. Hey, no offense, but i am a fan of Clone CD too, but until they release CloneCD 4, which u have no control of it anymore.

I took me more than 1 hour to burn the damn Audio CD by "Paul Van Dyk - Out There and Back", and got an error message.

Its profiles are suck too, i don't know which to use or how to use it. I used the Audio to copy Audio, but it sucks, took me an hour to copy that CD, but useless. The rest , i do'nt know when to use either.

Other time, i copied another audio CD using "read error" profile, and when i use the CD on my car, it skips like hell.

Hardware Info:
Yamaha CRW2100E
Windows XP SP1
ASPI 7.1

I know for sure that it has nothing to do with ASPI, 'cause i juse installed Clone CD 3, and it works fine.

ur input are very helpful to my understanding about CloneCD 4

Peace,

There are profiles available on this forum if you search for them.
They work fine for me and many others.

It is Yamaha problem

I had the same Yamaha burner like you ,Yamaha from mine personal opinion dislike Clone CD use Fantom CD or even better Alcohol CD.

what i don't understand about clonce cd 4 is in all the profiles the audio extraction is set to bad. why????

and why shouldn't you use clone cd to copy audio cds? if it copies 1:1 perfectly like it says it should then audio should be perfect too else its not clone cd is it? more like "roughly cd".

personally i have no probs with it.

dx

I concur about not using CloneCD (any version) for audio. It's far better for games or copy protection. EAC is a much better for cloning CD audio. It also burns...with ASPI installed and a compatable burner.

Personally I like the new profiles in Clone CD 4, as you just click and let it run. However...TuanNT you know you can modify and create your own profiles using the old CloneCD 3 methods, right?!
Just select the profile, right click on it make your changes and save as a new profile. This way you can easilly modify the profiles to meet your hardware demands.

Also listen to daveml...there are customized profiles posted here and cdfreaks.com that will allow copying of just about anything.

Here are the Clone Cd profiles..just unzip into Clone Program folder.

The new Clone game profile is too 'generic'...All read options are basically enabled.

Most of us rather use the "old" profiles.It's just a matter of discovering the game protection and selecting the proper profile.Proper hardware is required of course.;)

Attachments

dx

copperdog said:
I have had nothing but good luck with 4 I set all setting to canada and it is great.
Yes, very important step if you live in the USA (not sure if its still applicable in the UK anymore). But if in the USA set your regional settings to Canada to get around the DCMA compliance crap (copy protected CDs).

I'll have to try that Canada thing.. I've been having a lot of issues with Clone4..

I have a shit Plextor 12x4x32 SCSI though, and I don't think it can get past certain copy protections.. I think I need a new one..

:(

Clone is about the best cd rep program I have found most of the times you just have to know what you are doing. I recommend using clonyXXL with clone 4 it will scan the disk and tell you if its protected or not but i do recommend that you make the image on 1 speed as this gives the best chance of success.

Sorry forgot to add you must make sure your drive is supported you just need to check on the clone cd web site. I have had a lot of success using Lite-on drive not only are they reliable and have burn proof but most of the new one support clone but check on the web site before you buy!!

Indeed it is something to bear in mind, particularly with alcohol given its fairly high price of registration. If duplication software can't cope with either safedisc 2.8x or the latest securom versions why bother with them, particularly since there is a completely freeware alternative in burnatonce that, at least handles sd 2.8x without any real difficulty with a suitable writer.