Cinema Craft Encoder Probs

mpcooky

Hey chicken man, I loved your tutorial on converting Divx to DVD.......I followed it all, using DVD2SVCD and it was awesome...........except, when it comes to the encoding part using CCE (the trial version). It constantly gives me grief that it can't save the ecl (or elc) file, and I've looked and there is no ecl file anywhere, I have no idea what its talking about, so after trying go along with these error messages, it starts to encode for a couple of seconds, then comes up with a more serious error message saying that it cannot find a certain file, probably because I couldn't save the ecl file?? It was going so well until this encoder problem.....does this mean that the trial version of CCE doesn't work properly with DVD2SVCD or is there some other problem???

mpcooky said:
Hey chicken man, I loved your tutorial on converting Divx to DVD.......I followed it all, using DVD2SVCD and it was awesome...........except, when it comes to the encoding part using CCE (the trial version). It constantly gives me grief that it can't save the ecl (or elc) file, and I've looked and there is no ecl file anywhere, I have no idea what its talking about, so after trying go along with these error messages, it starts to encode for a couple of seconds, then comes up with a more serious error message saying that it cannot find a certain file, probably because I couldn't save the ecl file?? It was going so well until this encoder problem.....does this mean that the trial version of CCE doesn't work properly with DVD2SVCD or is there some other problem???

The only version of CCE that DVD2SVCD officially supports is 2.50.

You can use other versions, but you need to use EclCCE as well.

Attachments

TheBeaner4U

I now have CCE 2.5. When running it with DVD2SVCD&D2SRoba, it encodes and then at the end I get this error message: "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process [Windows error code: 0x20 32]
Know how to fix this?

As I say in Step 3 Point 2:
"2. Run DVD2SVCD. It may complain it cannot find CCE, so click the Encoder tab and then browse your HD for CCE (cctsp.exe) depending on where you installed it. This will happen 1st time it is run only. If you wish to use a later version of CCE such as 2.66 or 2.67 then you need to install EclCCE (from http://home.t-online.de/home/340044300675/ ), run it once and point to your cctspt.exe (the CCE executable). Then in the Encoder tab of DVD2SVCD, you now need to point to eclCCE.exe instead of cctspt.exe. CCE version 2.66 & 2.67 are substantially slower than 2.50 (about 15% slower) and no visible difference in picture quality. DVD2SVCD is NOT compatible with CCE Lite at the moment."

@TheBeaner4U, "it encodes and then at the end I get this error message.." I've never seen nor hear of that error, exactly where does it appear? Is it as D2SRoba shuts down and DVD2SVCD starts up or what? What versions of DVD2SVCD and D2SRoBa are you running?

TheBeaner4U

DSRoba Update

Heck, I'll try anything. I've been ****ing around with these programs for two weeks and have not gotten a single successful encode.
I also was gonna try instaling it on another computer (I have 3).

TheBeaner4U

CCE cont...

What I've been tryiong to do is encode AVI files I've downloaded off the web, some are DiVx and some are not. (The StuartKagy and TheBeaner4U names are both me (Stu), I'm just using different computers to access the board.)

I found the following lines in the DVD2SVCD window. I dont know if they are valid or will help but I'll try them also.

"If you have a DV Avi file you want to convert to SVCD, but you don't have a proper DV codec
installed (which usually costs money), download these two programs and install them:

ftp://ftp.canopus.com/pub/drivers/Canopus_DV_File_Converter.exe
ftp://ftp.canopus.com/pub/drivers/dvcodec.exe

When you have installed the above programs load the DV Avi file into the File Converter and
convert it, when it's done you can load the converted Avi file into DVD2SVCD."

Nar, the DV avi is Digital Video AVI's, not what you have.

"I also was gonna try instaling it on another computer (I have 3)." sounds like a good idea.

TheBeaner4U

Re: CCE 2.5

With CCE 2.5, I do not need to run and point to eclcce.exe is that correct?
Also, this is the error log file on the first computer I tried the programs on. See anything helpful?

D2SRoBa v3.70, by Tylo
--------------------------------------------------------
- WIN_2000 - AutoIt 3.0.103.0
- 2004-09-27 19:58:31
- INI file : F:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Tylo\D2SRoBa.ini
- Output type : DVD
- CD size : 4440
- Threshold Q : 36
- Sample size : 1.0%
- Adjust estimated : 1.2%
- Sizing pass : Encode (1 pass) if opv pass > 2.5% below target, or Q > 40
Transcode if opv pass > 0.0% above target, and Q <= 40
- Cond. filtering : If configured, and estim. Q reaches above Threshold Q
- Run mode : Normal
- Waiting for CCE window, or 'Ripping done' message box...
- Detected a CCE encode window
- Detected the movie encode window - shutting down
- 2004-09-27 20:10:44
- Copying D2SRoBa.ini to project dir F:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Videos\Hellboy for burn\
- Avisynth setup: LanczosResize
- Configured cond. filter: F:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Tylo\RoBaConditional.avs
- D2S ver. 1.2.2.3, CCE ver. 2.50.1.0
- Setting process priority: 1
- Movie length : 01:58:30 (177758 frames, 25 fps)
- D2S audio select : 1411 + 0 kbps
- D2S video calc. : 5120 kbps, 1 CDs
- Select ranges : every 1200, select 12 frames
- Sample frames : 1788
Calculations:
- 1 CD: video_br=5120 (5120) audio_br=1411+0 video_sz=4550604800 fill=100% cbr=0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Using num CDs : 1
- Target mpv br : 5120 (max 8000) kbps, size=4550604800 bytes
Search for Q:
- Sample enc. Q=36 : 3601 kbps, err=-29.7%, size=3200762268, sample sz=32330932
- Sample enc. Q=26 : 4467 kbps, err=-12.8%, size=3970728828, sample sz=40108372
- Sample enc. Q=18 : 5495 kbps, err=7.3%, size=4884471900, sample sz=49338100
- Sample enc. Q=21 : 5062 kbps, err=-1.1%, size=4499626428, sample sz=45450772
- Determined Q : 20 = Round(21 + (-1.1 - 1.2)/2.8)
- 2004-09-27 20:27:31
- Start movie OPV encoding (Q 20)
- OPV pass result: 94.4% on target, 4832 kbps (4294705152 / 4550604800) Speed: 0.72
- 2004-09-27 23:11:56
- Start VBR sizing pass (5120 kbps)
- Sizing pass result: 94.4% on target, 4832 kbps (4294705152 / 4550604800) Speed: 0.62
- 2004-09-28 02:22:47
- Recover DVD2SVCD: Muxing
(and here is the CCE log file;)
uncompressed YUY2.
cce created.
encoder initialized.
>> received encoding start notification
>> received encoding start notification
encoding started at 2004/09/27 23:45:06.
>> received encoding stop notification
encoding stopped at 2004/09/28 02:22:44.
cce encoding failed: *** Could not write to the file <F:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Videos\For Burn\Encoded_Video_CCE_PAL.mpv> ***
There is not enough space on the disk.

[Windows error code: 0x70 112]
sync stopped.
fdev0 closed.
fdev1 closed.
>>>> Performance <<<<
Source : 6738.720 seconds (168468 frames)
Elapsed: 9479.822 seconds
---------------------------------------------------
>> File reading 5449.312 57.483 %
>> Decoding 0.000 0.000 %
>> RGB -> YUY2 0.000 0.000 %
---------------------------------------------------
>> MPEG encoding 4030.510 42.517 %
fexp thread terminated.
***** Cinema Craft Encoder SP shutting down at 2004/09/28 02:23:06 *****

TheBeaner4U said:
With CCE 2.5, I do not need to run and point to eclcce.exe is that correct?
Thats correct, you point directly to cctsp.exe as quoted in the Tute.

I see nothing of error in the log files you pasted above.

Can you post the Video & Audio results of the AVI when loaded into GSPOT. Also, have you checked the AVI with DivFix and DivXREpair ? Also, if you load the avi into VirtualDUBMod, ignoring any Audio warnings, and then under Video, use the Scan the video for frame errors, go you get any problems there ?

TheBeaner4U

CCE Cont...

I suppose I should try copying a statndard DVD to find out quickly if the problem is the source media and not something fundamentally wrong with the encoding software.
So I only need the eclcce with the versions above 2.5? Thats what I thought, gotcha.

TheBeaner4U

Cce....

-I get errors trying to copy a DVD also.
-Same problems occur on new computer.
Ran DivFix on the other AVI source files and there were no errors.

TheBeaner4U

Cce...

I did finally get my files to encode. I still get error messages, but at least I'm ending up with an encode.
But now I have an odd problem...
I first run DivFix on the file and its clean. I view the movie first and it looks fine. The sound is properly synchronized during viewing, and all seems well. The movie looks great.
Then, after I encode the file and burn it, I go to play it and there are problems;
1. No vertical hold and no color. (Reviewing my DVD player manual, it stated the color system does not match TV. The manual advised pressing the P/N button on the DVD Player's remote until you get it matched. This fixed this problem.)
2. Sound now is not syncronized. The actor's lips are not in synch with words. This is especially puzzling to me because the synch was perfect BEFORE encoding/burning.
Does anyone have helpful thoughts on this?
Stu

Stolype09

Abkürzung für Cinema Craft Encoder.
Der CCE ist ein MPEG-Encoder, mit dem man Avis, Quicktime-Movies .mov, Digital Video .dv und Avisynth-Scripte in das MPEG-1 bzw. in das MPEG-2 Format umwandeln kann.
Der CCE hat den Vorteil, das er in Assembler programmiert ist und daher schneller als jeder andere Encoder arbeitet.

I thought this is an English tread.
Google Translation
"Abbreviation for Cinema Craft Encoder.
The CCE is an MPEG encoder that allows you Avis, Quicktime movies. Mov, digital video. Dv and Avisynth scripts into the MPEG-1 and converted into the MPEG-2 format can.
The CCE has the advantage that it is programmed in assembly language and therefore faster than any other encoder operates."

Nothing there we didnt already know. :D