Chiping a PS2?

Ok i just got a new PS2, and I was wanting to chip-it like my PSX. Now i have a warranty on it so i don't want to hurt that at all. B/C if you take off that sticker it voids the warranty on the PS2. Now my question is, "Is there a mod chip avalible that will boot PSX,PS2,DVD-R back - up's WITHOUT OPENING THE PS2"?

As far as i know you need to have it opened up and a mod chip soldered in and a game enhancer cartridge.....things might have advanced a bit since i looked into it....so don't take his info for gospel!!;)

Yep mate u no longer need to open up your ps2 there are usb hubs available to do this.You also need a game shark or action replay.Best thing is do a search on google and all info will be there.

OK the only other way I know is the Knife trick you still need a AR2 V2 or Gameshark 2 but its a bit dodgy as u have to insert the knife into the ps2 so I wouldn't recommend it.

The link wire connects to points on the back of the circuit board there is a lot of info on ps2 here h**p://www.backup-source.com/
Tutorials/Tricks/FAQS etc.You'll get more info than I can give you.:)

Anyone interested new messiah modchip released for version 4 ps2 h**p://www.consolesource.com/playstation2/p2-ns4-mod.htm

All mods require opening of the box even usb and R-mod. The usb mod needs one wire soldered and the R-mod needs to be fitted where the powercables go. Might as well go for messiah as the price for units droping too.