cFosSpeed X-Mas offer: 9€

http://www.cfos.de/index2_e.htm

No i'm not working for them! i saw this offer while looking for an update; so far the cost for a "driver" was the only negative fact;

it's my honestly opinion cFos optimizes your PPPoE connection by using it's Traffic Shaping technology ; would highly recommend it for P2P users; have a look: http://www.cfos.de/traffic_shaping/traffic_shaping_e.htm

Edit: the 9€ offer is only valid for cFosSpeed; sorry for the miss-information; Duracell

Greetings from
Duracell

zver said:
It really works??
if you are on S(ynchronous)DSL (no limited upload) you don't need it;
but if you have ADSL, you have crippled upload speed, then Traffic Shaping does make sense and it works;

do i need both products??cfos and cfos speed???
the license is valid for both products;
Edit: cFos (PPPoE driver) and cFosSpeed are 2 different products and need 2 different licences; the 9€ offer is only valid for cFosSpeed; sorry for the miss-information; Duracell

"What's the difference between cFos and cFosSpeed?

cFos is a dial-up driver for ISDN and DSL. It does work equally well with
ISDN CAPI and DSL (using a real or virtual network card).
cFos' hallmark feature is an Internet acceleration technology we call
dynamic Traffic Shaping. In addition, cFos offers tons of other great
features like a firewall and call monitor, dialer protection, budget
management, plus many many more.

Though based on the same Traffic Shaping technology, cFosSpeed is an
Internet accelerator that works with DSL modems, routers and cable modems.
In other words, cFosSpeed uses an already existing network connection.
In essence, it allows those who cannot use cFos to still benefit from
the enhanced performance Traffic Shaping technology yields when surfing
the Web.

Thus, while the Traffic Shaping technology implemented in both programs
is essentially the same, cFos and cFosSpeed are still different products,
meaning a license for one product does not cover use of the other
(and vice-versa).

If you are running both cFos and cFosSpeed on your system, cFos Traffic
Shaping will be deactivated (in favor of cFosSpeed Traffic Shaping)."

I can't comment on CFos speed, as I don't use a router, but the CFos aDSL dialer (sadly enough not included in the offer) works just great.

banzibaby said:
Does this work on cable connections?

Like a telewest connection.

BaNzI :D
It should work, but not always.
At the cfos site you can find a wide list of supported providers and hardware, as reported by program users (= not officially claimed working).

Appears it has been tested on Teleworst and NTLame.

Remember, it primarily addresses ONE issue only, the problem of ACK starvation of a download, during heavy upload - the same issue that is resolved in many cases, by using an upload throttle.

I suppose it would also aid 2 way video conferencing - I doubt that Internet telephony on it's own would put enough strain on a cable or ADSL upload link.

I suppose, for the price, it's worth a try - presumably you already throttle the upload speed (global) to no more than 90% of your maximum upload capacity.

I guess the advantage of CfosSpeed is it's a simple tune-up that can be applied to anything, including programs without their own throttle capability.

There is a device which operates on similar principles, which can be sed inline between and ethernet connected modem and a router (if you have a router, it needs to be inline from one port of a router, to a hub or switched hub used to feed all PCs).
http://hardware.teamxbox.com/articles/xbox/1302/Hawking-Broadband-Booster-Review/p1/

Considerably more expensive than a software solution though!

OK,MY NET CONNECTION IS 3 MB DOWN AND 600 K UPL,and its a dsl over the phone line.
Is it working in my case as i upload and download a lot,maybe 100 gb/month:)