cd+G burning

hi im trying to burn a cd for my daughters cd+G karaoke machine but im struggling a bit. i have downloaded some karaoke tracks which consist of 1 cdg file and 1 mp3 file (of the same name) but trie nero but cannot burn get them to run in her player..... please can any one help thanx

Seach on this forum for the subject and you should find some info on burning CD+G. Bottom line you need the right burner to do the job. Not many will burn CD+G. Then I would recommend using software like Microstudio from http://www.mtu.com/

thanx for your replies, i have tried microstudio but it says my lite on isnt karaoke compatable :mad: "still shit happens"

True. I have 3 Lite-on burners and none of them are compatible with CD+G. Only my HP 9210i 8X SCSI burner and my ASUS 52X burners are compatible from the stack of burners I own.

I may still get a Plex someday, but with the advent of SafeDisk 3 and Securom 4.8 (which rendered essentially all burners useless for awhile) I stopped worrying about "perfect" backups of my PC game collection. I "caved" so to speak.

Now I back them up best I can and use a NO CD fix or emulation if I have too. The legality of which is debatable.

Then comes along the new Plex that can back up the newest Securom. This "cat and mouse" game is good for CD burner manufacturers and game developers, not the consumer. The day this burner can be found for $50 then I'll get it, but of course Securom 6 will be out by then.

So in the meantime I'll work on turning my Xbox in to a monster machine.

To stay on topic, my kids are getting a Karaoke machine for Xmas and I will be putting my CD+G burners to the test. The HP I know works as it has been used to backup a commercial CD+G on loan to a friend of mine.

Last edited:

bl1

I have a 32123S Lite-On burner that I use with Alcohol 120% to copy CD+G
commercial disk & it works.The copy wizard in Alcohol has a drop down box in the lower left corner to set the kind of CD to burn. I used "Audio+ & Karaoke
CD+G" as the settings to copy with. Hope this is of some help.
Also you might try Dart Karaoke Studio to make a CD+G. Another good place for help & tutorials is "Padus - Support - Tutorials CD+G.".This is the maker of
DiscJuggler, the info is on the Padus site.

killerq

Using a non-compatable burner to make cdg's

You can still burn a cdg disc. Use Daemon to creat a virtual drive and then mount a cue file image (can be created in a number of progs but I use mp3+g toolz or cdrwin) than I use clonecd to burn it - works with most labels