CD+G burning issue

B

black.belt

Hi ,
I have a Pioneer DVr-106d (burner)
TEAC cd-w524e (burner).
I backed up a karaoke cd with nero v6 and it worked perfect. It plays on the karaoke machine and also on my pc with tricerasoft swift elite karaoke program. Great.

I also have mp3 with the cdg file to match.
I convert the mp3 to raw using RAWcdg2b
I can then use MMXWave2000 to give me a bin file combining the cdg and raw file.
This bin file will play on the pc showing graphics but as soon as i try and burn it the end result is i have lost the graphics.
I have tried burning using cdrwin for the bin files and also nero after changing the bin to wav files but no luck in displaying the graphics.
My burner says it is compatible with cd+G and as it copied a disc using nero6 i am assuming this is correct.
I cannot see where i am going wrong.
any suggestion would be most welcome
kind regards
BB

black.belt said:
I have tried burning using cdrwin for the bin files and also nero after changing the bin to wav files but no luck in displaying the graphics.
i'm not a karaoke expert, but you shouldn't convert the BIN back to WAV in Nero; this is the step where you lost the lyrics;
try to burn the BIN directly with Nero by using it's "Burn Image" function;

Greetings from
Duracell

B

black.belt

I think I was unclear in my first post.
I had each raw and cdg file in one bin file.
I assumed that I needed to create an audio cd in nero so i tried to transfer over the 14 bin files but it told me "the selected wma files are protected and cannot be processed" and wouldnt transfer over the bin files for burning.
I then tried crwin and it allowed me to select all the bin files and a radio button option for cd+g burning. It just gave me the sound only when i played it.
I then thought it might work if i changed it to a wav file and then burned it using nero but it also (like you said) didnt give me any words.

Yes I would like to know how to do it and also I was puzzled at;
How can i get nero to burn the bin files - is selecting audio cd wrong?
Why did the bin file AND the convertion to wav file play on the karaoke emulator on my pc but once both the bin files (crwin) and wav (nero) were burned to disc did the disk not play on the karaoke emulator?

Puzzled
ps thanks for the reply Duracell

black.belt said:
I assumed that I needed to create an audio cd in nero ... I then thought it might work if i changed it to a wav file and then burned it using nero but it also (like you said) didnt give me any words.
wrong way, creating a new AudioCD in Nero won't result in a Karakoke-CD; you cannot create new Karaoke-CDs with Nero, you can only burn existing Karaoke-CD images;

How can i get nero to burn the bin files
Nero's menu > Recorder > Burn Image > choose flie type "all files" > select you BIN;
no guaranties, never tried to burn a Karaoke-CD image;

Why did the bin file AND the convertion to wav file play on the karaoke emulator on my pc ...
BIN should be O.K.; maybe the emulator did auto-select the CDG file too, that's why you got music and lyrics with the WAV; :confused:

but once both the bin files (crwin) and wav (nero) were burned to disc did the disk not play on the karaoke emulator?
for Nero see above; For CDRWin maybe you did choose the wrong burning mode? but sorry, i never tried CDRWin; once upon a time i started with CD burning, the good old times of CDRWin were already over;

I only did karaoke twice for a friend,never for muself,also was a long time ago so cant help more..I used a dart karaoke proggy and it worked ok....Also to rip proper a karaoke cd there is not so many tools around,but for example i know that audiocrasher will rip it ok,and its freeware and a good place to support if need :)