Cce2.70 sp

Whats the thing about that one???Is this finally better then 2.50,or 2.50 still rule the world??Hopefully somebody have an idea or two about this???
I still cant belive that mpeg2 encoder almost 4 years old is the best encoder??

Well from what I remember it has built in resizing, etc. But then AVISynth is probably faster as it resizes in YV12 for a start. Newer versions of CCE support YV12 as input but as far as I know they just internally convert to YUY2, so presumably it does that before resizing.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me YV12-->YUY2-->Yv12.

The only MPEG2 encoder that I know of that supports YV12 input by the way is libavcodec which isn't a bad encoder by the way.

Bud you are going too techically with me.How about basicone??does running 2.70 have any advantege over 2,50 or should i stick with 2.50 -again.
Why i need cce???usually if the avi is perfect quality i just run dvdsanta as its fast and qyality is ok,but when the avi is not so good i need to get the most,then i use cce with dvd2svcd to convert it to svcd-dvd :) . :)

Well if you are using DVD2SVCD I would suggest sticking with v2.5. They should work better together, if DVD2SVCD even supports v2.7 at all.

Thanks m8,its just plain weird that 4 years old mpeg 2 encoder is working the best in a such competive field,but i guess whaat we can do :)