CCE SP2 issue

OK, surely enough I have no complaints from my archaic CCE 2.50 encoder- it does its job flawlessly, actually much better than any newer version of CCE I have tried.
But recently I wanted to try the new CCE SP2, and got the trial version, to test it in my brand new puter ( Core 2 Duo 6600, 2 GB Kingston dual channel RAM, Asus P5B-VM mobo with the integrated videocard and soundcard).
Running the demo I was instantly prompted with the message that my computer does not support either SSE (oh really?) or 3D Now! (I may sue Intel for that omission...) and simply quits right from the start.
Older SSE SP trials (which I do not need- my 2.50 does a better job!) install just fine, without any complaints, which is even more puzzling.
Any ideas how to fix the issue and try SP2?

Last edited:
Self-bumping:
It seems that SSE SP2 does not officially support Core 2 Duo CPU's.
But then the same applies for CCE SP, and the old demo does install (and work) fine on the new hardware- so what?

I know that new sp2 works on a dvdrebuilder so i dont know whats problem with you???But if you get it working......please try to test it against 2.50 or 2.67 sp trials and let us know couse i would like to know if its any speed/quality improvment over 2.67 which i using atm while in combo with dvdrebuilder or dvd2svcd:) or even tfm-no matter which one you using:)

The latest SP2 versions (1.00.00.10 an 1.00.00.11) install fine on Core 2 Duo machines, so this was an installer bug.
However I'm not impressed by the output quality, and my archaic 2.50 is superior at multiple passes. Of course it's also the slowest, but I won't spend more money for something that does not work better- factly, it's not even equal, quality-wise...

Last edited:
I've found CCE SP 2.70.02.10 or 11 to work with ReBuilder much faster and slightly better quality than the 2.67 or 2.50 I've been using in the past. But thats on my AMD64 X2 4400, no Intel crap here :D

SP2 1.x.x.x.x runs no faster than 2.70 and as you also found, I recons ithe encode is not as good a picture conpared to 2.70. Its all so new, what else do we expect. They bring out 2.70, then 10 fixes latter it finally get it right. SP2 has a LONG way to go I feel.

Last edited: