cassette to cd

Hi I would like some help please . I need to backup some cassettes to cd or dvdr can anyone tell me the best method to use and also any software/hardware required
cheers bjellys

Hardware:
1. Reasonable quality soundcard - though the initaila SNR from cassette makes this a slightly less demading case than from a better source.
2. Cassette player, preferably with LINE-OUT ... if no line-out available, use headphone out and set any tone controls "level".

Your standard burning software may have recording facilities, or your soundcard software.

Or look at www.exactaudiocopy.de
EAC is not just a superb CD-audio ripper, but also records WAV, and has a really neat WAV editor with a great trick (Tools, Process WAV).

Take the WAV file, which probably has a bit of tape hiss in the quiet parts.
Select a hiss-only section to sample (play it through, LOUD, to be sure).
Process Selection - Noise Profile - Get from selection ... wait.
Now select all (Edit-Select all) or pre-test with a smaller select , and then choose Process selection - Reduce Noise, and then select how much to reduce by .... WAIT...WAIT...WAIT - this is SLOW, but worth it.

Listen-check, and if you pre-tested a small segment, immediately undo and then re-apply to ALL (you do NOT want to do it twice to one area).

I have NEVER been able to fool it ... it is devastatingly effective against any systematic noise (like tape hiss or air conditioning rumble), but seems to have no adverse effect - though if you send the removed noise to a file, there is a TINY bit of signal in there.

Nero WAVE Editor TRIES to do the same trick, but introduces viscious noise of it's own - that was a while ago, so they might have fixed it (oh yeah!).

And maybe you can try CoolEdit Pro. This is even better than EAC, but cost a little. PM me, if you are interested.

You can also try Audacity ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ) and the "VST enabler", which is not yet present at their homesite. However if you subscribe at the Audacity newsletters you can find it quite easily... Not that you need to use Audacity of course, but it is the ONLY serious FREE wave editor that exists.
Or you can get an olde Audacity release which supports VST plugins- that was before bloody Sonic raised licencing issues over the vst plugins format...

Also if you don´t like getting in trouble with the use of profesional apps but want profesional results then you could try Clean from Steinberg.

I personally get the best results by using Sound Forge and the Sonic Foundry Noise Reduction plugin. These are industrial strength applications that are difficult to master. But the results are astounding.

dicamo

dart karaoke

I have a dart karaoke program ver 2.0.4 an d I need to get unlock code, can you help me to get this one?

Dart??

Like,did somebody mention""dart""in this thread????Beside that,its 7 months old thread...But feel WELCOME here anyway :)
Btw,dart has never been on the cutting edge of the audio-editor world,for karioke i dont know but i remember their encoder for mp3 had some problems...
Except maybe dart98,but that was a really really long time ago....And still i found then Soundforge much easier to work with :)