Can't Post

I'm working on it bud.Everything looks okay.

Okay,think it's fixed,one setting out of about 50 was wrong.Sorry for the inconvenience.

old-hack

betatester
Still having problems

For some reason I still get logged out when trying to post new threads, replies, PMs etc. Not trying to compare you to another forum, but this has never happened at main forum hangout.

Also, it seems that cookies are not being written to remember my login. I see the cookie for the other forum web page I visit, but never get one written from this forum.

I tried to post this reply the first time and got logged out but sent to the reply screen giving me the hot link to log back in. Can't figure it out.

old-hack

betatester
W2k Pro vs WXP Pro

any chance these operating systems are handling your web pages differently? I upgraded 3 of my machines at home from W2K Pro to WXP Pro and they don't seem to receive or keep cookies sent from your web site. However, the one machine I installed XP Pro from scratch on does have the cookie and remembers my log in each time I open your web site.

My machine at work is W2K Pro so it also doesn't receive a cookie from your web site while it does from doom9.org.

Just looking for clues.

old-hack

betatester
What Browser

serjer said:
hey pal running wat browser r u?IE ,mozzie opera?

At work with my W2K Pro machine I'm using IE 5. My work controls when we implement operating system upgrades to include web browsers. At home, I'm pretty sure I'm using IE 6 or above on all 4 machines.

old-hack

betatester
Remembering Login

Something interesting happened between my last post, surfing to another web site, and returning to this one. It remembered my login information. Don't know if you guys are that fast, but it was good to return to this site and not to see the grayed out ID and Password boxes.

Thanks if you fixed something. Otherwise I guess I got lucky for some reason.

old-hack said:
At work with my W2K Pro machine I'm using IE 5. My work controls when we implement operating system upgrades to include web browsers. At home, I'm pretty sure I'm using IE 6 or above on all 4 machines.

old-hack

betatester
I guess I was a bit premature in claiming the problem went away. It appears that if I close my browser, the information associated with my login gets dropped from the browser. However, if I browse to your site, surf to another site and then come back to yours, the login info is remembered.

old-hack said:
Something interesting happened between my last post, surfing to another web site, and returning to this one. It remembered my login information. Don't know if you guys are that fast, but it was good to return to this site and not to see the grayed out ID and Password boxes.

Thanks if you fixed something. Otherwise I guess I got lucky for some reason.

old-hack

betatester
Posting & logging in

Seems to have cleared up again. Browser is remembering by previous logins to your site. Haven't had any posting problems recently either.

thanks.

old-hack said:
I guess I was a bit premature in claiming the problem went away. It appears that if I close my browser, the information associated with my login gets dropped from the browser. However, if I browse to your site, surf to another site and then come back to yours, the login info is remembered.

MY guess is your isp's D.N.S finally grabbed the new info for the forum a lot of people had/still have the same problem untill their own isp grabs the information it needs :)

I think you have set your cache and cookies to clear very quickly...check out your settings...I have I.E, NetScape, Moz, Firebird, Opera and a few older versions of each (I design web pages...need them ;-)) All is fine with me...

Apart from firebird (default browser) others on my comp are set to clear cache etc as soon as I close the browser...maybe you have set yours the same way...