can't go to to main site forum?

I've been having some troble with my internet latly and i havn't been able to open the man site of DVDRBase.com. I don't know what whould have cuased this at first I thought the forum might be down for repairs or upgrades or somthing. Then it would not come up at all and I got a "cannot display" error. I checked on my freinds comp and his displays it with no problem. The only reason I'm about to post right now it b/c i ran a search on google and found this link:
h**p://213.83.55.226/index.php?

that allows me to come on the site. I even got rid of my old OS (w2k3) not just for forums but other reasons too and i put a fresh install of XP Pro on an that still didn't work. I use theses forums reguarlly and I would really apresiate a quick reply. Thank You

Last edited:
have you tried clearing your cookies in I.E. and checking that you do not have your browser security set too high !?

then re logging in ?!

there could also be a problem at your isp end with the dns for the forum with their servers !? :)

N.B.

Staff member
This sounds like a real problem ..

Ehm, could you people please post the name servers you are using ?
Seems like they cannot resolve our domain for ... some strange reason ..

Will check the DNSes after you have posted the IPs :)

Viper_182 said:
my dns server is

That's your LOCAL gateway IP, not your DNS server.
For finding your DNS server, go to network connections, rightclick the icon of your active net connection, pick "status", then the details tab and read the server IP address.
If you are behind a router this IP won't be correct, simply connect to the router's web interface and search it there- it's always mentioned somewhere.

N.B.

Staff member
slippery, it is not that hard ...
To resolve a domain like dvdrbase.com you need a DNS (Domain Name Server), which is like a telephone book, converts a name into a number (IP).
Usually your provider supports one, so once you have setup your internet connection you have surely setup a DNS Server as well.

Either you do as scarecrow suggested, or you do:

Start -> Run
cmd or command
ipconfig /all

should list them

N.B.

Staff member
okay, that one seems to know dvdrbase.com, is that problem still there, or did it vanish ?

If it doesn´t work, just use this nameserver:

:)

N.B.

Staff member
Great :)

You might want to test some other sites as well, which you usually use,
just to see if everything is still in place ...

Have Fun !