Calibrating

Hi!! When I burn some cds nero tells my drive failed calibrating or something like that,
Is there anything to calibrate my cd-burner (hp8200i)?
thanks

I've got an hp8200i for three years. It fails too much on DAO, but still burns at TAO.
But now I can't burn anything, as nero tells me something about a problem calibrating the drive before it starts burning
Is there anything to calibrate my drive?
thanks

Try changing your brand of Cdr's if using cheap ones.Your writer is having trouble writing to them.That is usually what a power calibration error means.

Check if your firmware version support 80 minute CD burning correctly. I had trouble in the past with my 8100i trying to write to some CD brands with the default firmware.
BTW, my friend used a 9100's firmware on his 8200 and now is burning @ 8x. :)

Well, it seems my drive dies slowly
a time ago it tells bufer underrun in DAO mode, but at any time of the proces
after, it didn't burn sometimes at TAO as nero told that about calibrating, and now it reads too slowly when navegating throug directories, but not when reading a unique archive
It seems it dies slowly, so I am not going to write with it anything, as I am afraid that things that I burn can fail in the near future
About upgrading the firmware --> hp got a machine from sony (I think was sony), that machine burns at 8x, but HP sold one version (9100) with 8x and a limited 4x (8250) :eek: . Not all 8250 are the same machine that 9100, so, only in some cases you can upgrade, as you have actually an 8x recorder, but limited to 4x. But my drive is 8200, not 8250, so I would break my burner (if it can now work worse than it does) if O upgrade, but thanks
Como veis mi ingles da pena -> as you see reading my english hurts your eyes, sorry

Tu ingles esta ok, jormartr; leer foros en ingles ayuda, de todas maneras.:)
Your english it's ok, jormartr; reading english forums helps, anyway.:)

jormartr

I had such problem with HP 8200i when used a CDRW 80 min labeled "DIAMANTE", hard to record..., sometimes after several erases I did it.
I think it fails in power calibration because that track (calibration track) is located in other position, it´s a new format used in high speed drivers to get 10x or more beyond 4x. That´s my conclusion, couldn´t get some more information about it.
I didn´t have problems with other discs so far.

Is your problem related to CD-RW too?

I couldn´t find a firmware uprgrade for 8200i.

EmersonSC

Well, my hp8200 writer fails even when starting to burn a blank cd, and in dao mode it makes underruns when it wants. It is very strange. You can only write somethings in tao mode

Fox Moulder

Thanks, there´s other models, older and newer, but not mine.
Never mind, the drive is working ok.

EmersonSC

jormartr

Really strange. Did you ever checked your HD transfer performance, fragmentation or free space?
Try other burner program to insure that the problem isn´t logical.
I thing "buffer underrun" is caused when data transfer is slow.
Ensure that your 8200i is not using DMA transfer (unchecked) at the system properties, this also causes failure.

EmersonSC