Burning an iso???

This may sound like a stupid question but can someone tell me how the hell to burn an iso file in RAR form. I have the XP iso and its in about 30 RAR files how do i burn these to a disk so that they'll work normally. I've never used iso's before. Also Woody for the Devil's own XP do you need a start-up floppy to boot it into a formatted or brand new hard drive??? Just want to make sure i don't go screwin' my whole system up. Thanks guys

Hi Busto!First of all you will need Winrar to extract the files.If you don't have it you can get it at Cdrsoft.Just use Winrar's explorer window to locate the folder with the Xp files in it.When you see the rar files select all files.Then use the extract to command to the folder of your choice.It will extract all the files and you will end up with a cue and a bin file.I used Vob 6.02 to load the cue file and burn to a cdr.You can use whatever software that will accept cue files,or iso files.

I haven't tried to install on a new or clean hard drive.As long as your system will boot from the Cdrom drive you should be fine.The bios settings in most computers allow you to boot from a cdrom drive.Think that's it!:)

it appears all the RAR files contain the same folder. could this just be the way they spread out the program??... and when i tried to open one it just loaded what looks like a script program(i'm imagining this is the windows program) now do i want to extract the folders or the script files. also does NERO 5540 support cue files??? Sorry to keep relying on you man but in the old forum you and poko seemed to have most of the answers...Thanks Bro!!

Okay you kinda lost me bud!You need to select all the rar files at the same time.So select all files in the folder then the command extract to.That way it can extract them and create the cue/bin or iso files.It needs all the rar files to extract.

I tried Nero and it rejected the cue sheet.It was an earlier version though.Try burn image in Nero,I think 55.40 works,just make sure you use the all files option to load the cue.You'll need to select it in the explorer window.We'll get it done bud!Just get back to me if you have trouble.;)

hi busto, all those files do contain the same folder. if i'm not mistaken it's an iso file instead of bin/cue. what happens is that people use winrar to compress and break up a large image file into smaller manageable files for transport over the internet.

if you have a single 500mb file and something happens halfway through the download you have essentially nothing. if it's broken up into 15 or 20mb files you can simply start again from that point. what woody is telling you is to use winrar to reassemble the original file. all of the rar files are combined to make a single iso file. then you can burn that with most mastering software.

hope that helps

Hello Busto. The DevilsOwn XP has 33 files, from xpcorppro-devilsown.rar, r00 - r30. First make sure all the files are located in the same folder on your hdd. What you need to do is open the xpcorppro-devilsown.rar file only with WinAce or WinRAR or any other that support rar file. It will read from all 33 files. Then extract the iso to a location of your choice. If you choose to burn the iso with Nero, it is suggested that you burn at only 2x or 4x, because more success at lower speed. And also make sure finalize cd and disc-at-once is selected. The disc you made is bootable if your PC BIOS support booting from cd-rom.

You can install as upgrade to win9x or new installation to a different disc or partition. Boot to win9x, insert the disc, it will autorun and choose to install. Select new installation if you planning to dual boot and choose upgrade to upgrade (better dual-boot to make sure all your hardware is supported or anything screw up). Then follow the on-screen instruction. Setup will copy installation file to hdd then it will reboot. There you select, drive to install, file system etc. Its all straight forward. Don't be afraid because I successfully install XP with 98 the first time I ever tried to dual boot. XP setup will install boot loader to let choose which OS you want to boot to. If XP setup screw up because of error on the burned ISO cd, provided you choose to dual boot, you still can boot to Win9x to burn a new disc.

Last edited:
rar to iso file

Yes they are correct
You have to installl winrar
open the say
egg.zip or whatever exstension it has in winrar
select all the rar file inside
something like this

cad.rar
cad.ra01
cad.ra02

select all and then extract to a dir on your drive

example c:\test

you then should end up with the iso file in that dir if none of your split files aren't corrupt
Anyway best of luck

Regards
Horse
australia