Burning alot of episodes onto one dvdr

bambamrocks

Hi, I'm new this forum. I hope you guys can help me. I just got a dvd burner and I want to burn at least 10 episodes which are about 24 minutes long onto one dvdr..but when I use TMPGNEC it converts the avi to MPEG and it went from 200mb to 1gb+. I wonder why that is. I know this is possible because my friend who has a friend (I dont know him) who had about 18 or so episode on one dvdr and the picture quality is dvd quality..help me please.

yes it will. make a folder for the first dvd & use dvd2one, do the same for the second one. then join both & put into a third folder. dvd2one will reduce both to 4.3gbs or less. if you go to their web page, it will tell you everything you need to know. any problems, e-mail me & i will go through it with you step by step. the picture quality is superb & you won`t notice the join! ;)

i have been burning dvds since january 2003, & i have never ever heard of that application in my life before.
i burned 3 dvds today & as per usual, they turned out perfect without using that application. so, as i said before, you can make them up without using it at all.

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok crossed wires here im thinking of DVD2SVCD and not DVD2ONE !?

to many posts in a day methinks lol

lol doh @ me !

dvd2svcd requires CCE :)

not DVD2ONE :)

bambamrocks

I finally got the solution..I used virtual dub to extract the audio..save it as a wave..then used tmpgenc to convert it to vcd..and the file is still small..from 175 to 210..so thats really good!

To all above, DVD2ONE does NOT work with AVI files, only DVD's. This thread is very confusing to newbies.

@bambamrocks, dont convertt the audio to 44.1 to make a try VCD, leave it at the 48khz if thats what the original has. A DVD needs to have 48khz audio. Then use DVDLab to author all your VCD's to fill up your DVDR.

synistermyster

Thank you again Chickenman..you answered my question before I even asked it, but I will ask anyway just to make sure. First I want to say that I have found your tutorials to be of superb quality...and thanks to you and everyone elses input and kind help around here, I have been able to convert avi files and author my very first flawless dvds, rip and copy dvds and the like. A big thank you to all who helped me...you people rock!
My current problem was trying to fit more than 2 vcd files onto one dvd-r. These were avi files of kind of inferior quality as far as your standards go from your tutorials. So I did like you suggested and converted them to vcd using tmpegenc. Now I have the vcd files ready to burn...but when I use my dvd burning software....one 40 minute vcd file suddenyl takes up over 3 gig of space. The quality of these files is not great since they are a tv-rip but I definitely want to put them on dvd and I want to put as many as I can onto one dvd-r since otherwise it would be cheaper to burn countless vcd cds....since cd-r's are much cheaper. But I would rather have 10-12 dvd-r sitting around than 50 cd-r's any day. Any advice would be great....my specific questions are:
(1) can i use dvdlab to author my vcd compliant mpeg files onto a dvd-r using the best compression?
(2) how many 40 minute long episodes can i expect to fit onto one dvd-r
THANKS AGAIN

Thanks for the kind words, good to hear you have been getting the help you need.

As for VCD's on a DVDR, yes DVDLab is the way to go. Since they are 40min long, then as a VCD they will be 400meg long, so you should be able to fit 10 eps per DVDR with plenty of room to put a Menu on as well. Just let DVDLab convert the audio to 48khz, or extract the audio from the avi's manually (with VirtualDUB or Nandub) if they were originally at 48khz and convert them to AC3 with ffMPEGgui.

a sub note here CHICKENMAN i know you know this info already but if these are SVCD mpegs then they will only play back properly on a SVCD compliant player even though they are converted to a dvd format its still SVCD based :)
(thanks for the heads up on that one POACHER ;) )

note also that vcd mpegs are not usually compliant with DVD LAB so need converting first in tmpgenc or other to a more compliant dvd format :)

synistermyster

OK one other problem I am having..After demuxing each file DVD Lab is giving me an error message saying that the framesize is incorrect....the current framesize is 320W by 240H....what should I do? I really want to burn these on DVD so if there is any way to fix the framesize let me know. I am definitely confused now.

rebootjim

You've encoded them as VCD.
They should be encoded as SVCD, then DVDlab won't have a fit.
You could take a chance that they will turn out ok on the TV, and play in your player, but I would suggest doing your testing on a dvdrw.