Buring MP3 w/o Noise & Squelching

I have recently purchased a Toshiba DVD player that contains an MP3 decoder. Every CD that I have made contains "noise" and "squelching" when played through the DVD player, however, when the same CD played through my computer I do not hear the noise. Is this a function of the DVD player containing a cheap decoder or bad burning technique?

The Guidelines for playback of MP-3 Encode CDs outlines the a few simple things: (came with DVD player)
1) Sampling Freq only at 44.1 kHz
2) Bit Rate within 32 - 320kbps
3) CDR physical format should be ISO Mode 1 or Mode 2, AX Form 1 or Form 2.
4) Use 74 minute CDR discs

I own a HP 9100 CD-W and have been using EZ cd creator at 1x when burning the CDs. I have been using Maxell CD-R74 as my media.

Any advise or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help. The software that you suggested encodes/decodes nicely. I downloaded RazorLame.

I am still finding that the quality of my MP3's is fine on my computer, however, when I burn them and listen to them on my DVD player (in MP3 format) they have newly created 'noise'. If I listen to the MP3s on the newly-created CDR it still sounds good on the computer (no noise).

Would you infer that the MP3 decoder in my DVD player isn't as good as winamp?

Its a good chance your Toshiba is not the best quality when it comes to MP3's. I have an Apex (Hiteker) AD600 and it plays back MP3's very good indead but I have heard other DVD units playing MP3's and they sound pretty crappy.

Is it possible to test your MP3 CD inanother DVD player. If its squelch free then I would return the Toshiba and get something else (take your CD with you to test on other units). If its not squeltch free, then you have encoding problems.

Cheers.