*.bin file for CED-8210 for mtkflash

mehmetengin

hii...
i have LG 12x8x32...CED-8210B....
i flashed wrong ..now my PC dont see my cdrw...and there is NO light on cdrw...no electric..!!!!
can i use mtkflash???

i said i did wrong....but i finished wrong firmware...and pc said "OK, reboot"....i did not cancel it...

Hi mehmetengin, Welcome to our forum! :cool:

mehmetengin said:
can i use mtkflash???
i would suggest this, because your only chance to get it back is by flashing in the real DOS environment; :)

--------------------------------
we would be glad, if you like to introduce yourself here: http://www.dvdrbase.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141

and please read our forum rules : http://www.dvdrbase.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

also try the forum's search function: http://www.dvdrbase.com/search.php?
--------------------------------​
Greetings from
Duracell

mehmetengin

if anybody have cdrw CED-8120B...can they read bin file with mtkflash...?? and can i use that bin file????

anybody have LG 12 X cd-rw....????

mehmetengin said:
if anybody have cdrw CED-8120B...can they read bin file with mtkflash...?? and can i use that bin file????
according to their homepage it should be possible:

How to backup your firmware with mtkflash
Create a boot disk or a boot CD. Or download one from >NIL's PioneerDVD Page, or digi's Page
Download a version of mtkflash from below (See Recommended Version)
Extract mtkflash to an easy to access directory such as "C:\firm"
Restart your computer with your boot disk/CD in the proper drive and navigate to your folder with mtkflash, "C:\firm". Only minimal boot is necessary, you do not need to boot with CD-ROM support as you will not be reading any discs with the drive. Most boot disks will not allow support for Hard Drives partitioned with NTFS.
Type the command now to backup your firmware: If version 1.80 or older use "mtkflash # r /b /m filename.bin" If using version 1.80.1, then do not include the /b flag! Use this command for version 1.80.1: "mtkflash # r /m filename.bin" Pay close attention to the spaces. You must replace '#' with one of the following:
'1' if the drive is Primary Master,
'2' if the drive is Primary Slave,
'3' if the drive is Secondary Master, or
'4' if the drive is Secondary Slave

Ex 1: If you wanted to use mtkflash 1.80.1 to backup the firmware from your LDW-811S hooked up as Secondary Master, then you would use this command: "mtkflash 3 r /m HS0P.bin"

Ex 2: If you wanted to use mtkflash 1.55 to backup the firmware from your LTR-52246S hooked up as Primary Slave, then you would use this command: "mtkflash 2 r /b /m 6S0F.bin"
Now we have to find a LG 12x8x32 CED-8210B owner! Anyone around here? Please help! :)

mehmetengin

:)) yesss helpp....

but in other forums...i learned that...ced-8120B is NOT compatible with mtkflash....
sooo....what can i do now???
i have a real dead cdrw !!

The flasher for this model is not JE3, but I wonder if you could flash it using JE3 from another model, and the HEX firmware from it's own archive - not sure if JE3 has less checks, but people seem to have been able to cross-flash other LG models with it.

This is a real wild guess!

*** Oops, it's an LGE in there, not a hex .... looking for some older firmware to see if that has it ***
Damn! thought I had it there - looked once at the firmware before, and then discarded it - tried older, still an LGE
jumped the gun on what I remembered from a first look, sorry!