best to burn ps2

Can someone write the settings and link the best software to burn the ps2 games.

It seems cdrwin, but the old version or the 5? DAO or TAO
is nero any good? slower speed better? I tried to load cdrwin 4 but the pc reboots when launching the prog,think because when installed it asked to install some aspi drivers, shuldn't i let him?:confused:

Tnx in advance

best for ps2 is without doubt nero version 5.5.7.x or above, try to stay clear of versions above 5.5.9.0 as there have been several reports of problems with the later versions.

to back up your original game (or a back up of it) do the following
open nero
cancel any window that opens
select your cd writer or dvd writer (depending on what you are backing up;)) from the tools menu
from the file menu select new
a window opens, select wizzard
follow the wizzard through to select copy a cd or copy a dvd
if you are running windows xp on ntfs or if the game is LESS than 4gb in total size if on win 98 or fat32 uncheck the box that says fast copy on the fly (you must leave it checked if your game is over 4gb and you are on win 98 or fat 32)
select your recording speed (try to stick below 24x for ps2 cd's and use 1x for dvd's unless you are using top quality branded dvdr media (apple, pioneer, tdk or verbatim)
now depending on how much time you have and what file system you are using (fat 32 or ntfs) select test and burn or just burn (if you need to copy on the fly its best to test and burn, if you are not copying on the fly then just burn)
then hit start (you did remember to put your discs in the reader and writer didnt you;))
when its done, just throw it in your chipped ps2 and away you go :D

ahh on dvd rips you dl then just use either nero (select burn image from the file menu) or cdr win (select record disc from image file) just turn on burnproof and go.

a few games have the .cue sheet messed up, just edit it so that you remove the path thats written in the cuesheet.

pokopiko said:
FantomCD/Alcohol is the way to go. Maybe Juggler too, don't have a DVD burner to confirm.
Don't bother with the rest. unless you have $$$ to spend on DVD coasters.
ABC dude, just curious: how can you burn DVD's with CDRWin? It's barely able to burn CDR protected disks properly...
yourself i didnt read the question properly, when i told about copying dvdr's i got this response
tnx for the info, but i was asking on dvdrips downloaded,not dvd burning or coping sorry if i was not too clear
now unless i'm mistaken any dvd rips that he downloads off the net are going to be cracked etc and mostly in cdr win format

EDIT : ooops dao :D

Last edited: