Best PS2 modchip

What is the best modchip currently on the market.

I'm looking for a chip that:
1. works on most or all versions of PS2
2. operates with DVD-r backups
3. is functional with EA games
4. requires little or no soddering

I've had a hard time finding a chip with most of the capabilities above. I'd be grateful if you could help.

mesiah modchip is by far the best and will do all the things u want but it has a 23 wire installation and is impossible to find one so if u need one thats great get the neo4 modchip or the second most expensive one form here

w*w.easybuy2000.c*m

There is an external usb modchip that requires very little soldering.Have a look here h**p://www.modchipworld.co.uk/

I'm guessing you want to try soldering it your self. Neo 2.2 or R-mod might be something for you (if you can stand swapping). Don't mess around unless your sure you know what your doing tho. I manage to bust a cable right before i got my messiah fitted so now i have a modded ps2 that doesn't work( :( ).

Mostly I'm looking for a mod chip that plays DVD backups and is compatible with all PS2 versions. The Messiah chip has most of what I need but it isn't compatible with all PS2 versions, which is important.

Are there any chips that play DVD backups and work on all PS2 versions?!?

That external USB modchip doesn't work. A friend of mine ordered one and it didn't work. He sent it back and got another one with the same result. Nothing. The MESSIAH modchip has got to be to best.------h**p://www.china-messiah.com/------

h**p://www.geocities.com/modchipsps2/------h**p://www.ps2modchip.com/------ Hey CarpBaron, Maybe you can find a compatible chip here. Good luck.

I've installed the S-Box USB mod and the link wire to several PS2's and had no problems, they all work. It's a minor solder job. I've just started installing the new solderless chip. In and out in 5 minutes. There is different chips for V4 and V5&V6. Very easy my mother could do it.