Best forceware drivers for GF4 TI 4200

Hi folks :)

Bought the above mentioned card from me m8 as a upgrade for me old GF 2, qat the mo im usin the latest forceware drivers 81.85 but they seem to be causin a few slight niggles, those drivers seem to make any media player need access to physical memory ( i use Processguard) Also games like quake 3 that didnt need to acess physical mem now need the relevent premissions in PG.

Anyone have a idea as to what is the best version of these drivers to use with this card?

With my old GF 2 i stuck with driver version 30.82 as newer versions were slower.

It;s in a old pc that can only play older games so latest games support aint a biggy :)

TIA :)

BaNzI :D

When I had a TI4200,I got the best results with the 44.03 drivers and my 3dmark 2001se benchmarks gave the highest score,compared to later driver versions.....

Yee that's what i rem from muckin about findin the best ones for the GF 2 lol :)

It kinda spooky as the ones im usin before i even saw the replies were version 44.03 Roady m8 :D

I tried the 30.82 but for some reason lost the custom refresh rates options even tho i had them when usin the GF2 :rolleyes:

Cheers :)

You might like the Omega tweaked drivers
http://www.omegadrivers.net/

The archive section includes several older versions (though more ATI ones (red) than Nvidia (green)).

Also depends if you want extra features such as rotate, roll-up to title bar, and whatever else came in, I forget when. I seem to remember a few features that didn't really seem to belong in a display driver.

Cheers m8 :)

Just grabbed the 44.03 Omega drivers from the archive, will test em out to see if they any better :)

Dont think i will use the extra features much tho :)

Cheers for the linky :)