Best firmware for NEC 3540A

HiBob

Hey all I have looked at this site:
http://www.micheldeboer.nl/firmware/3540.html

and don't know what the difference is between 1W8_rpc1.zip, 1f1nec_rpc1.zip and 1f1_rpc1.zip

I want a firmware that makes good burns (speed is no requirement). I want riplock removed and I want it region free. The drive is being used to rip region 1 and 2 dvd's to make 1:1 backup copies using, DVDFab Decrypter to Nero using DVD+R DL, with bitsetting as DVD-ROM. Which firmware should I get?

Also I have these spindles of DVD+R DL to choose from:

RID-R85FL4X25C
RID+R85SNOB24
RID+R85WI25CB

The only difference I can tell between the three is that the non-used side is silver, shinny or white. Is there another difference I am missing that would best suite the 3540A? Are any of these spindles good media for the 3540A?

These spindles are from computerultra.com, they are the wholesaler of ridata in canada as far as I can tell.

I don't know the media....
But I use the LD3540 1.W8_rpc1 firmware on my burner and it works great.....this firmware is based on the original NEC firmware with riplock and region settings removed...
The 1f firmwares are modified versions of Mad Dog Multimedia's already altered NEC firmwares,Mad Dog is a rebrand of NEC.....

roadworker said:
But I use the LD3540 1.W8_rpc1 firmware on my burner and it works great.....this firmware is based on the original NEC firmware with riplock and region settings removed...
The 1f firmwares are modified versions of Mad Dog Multimedia's already altered NEC firmwares,Mad Dog is a rebrand of NEC.....
Same here no problem with the media.:D

roadworker said:
i use a same one and its great with ones(ex prassi):)

HiBob

thanks!

Thanks for your advice on the firmwares, now if I could only find out about that media!!!!!!

What media should I be using for +R9 (DL) dvd's?

Thanks!