Backup PS2 to CD-R???

zim_zimmer

Hi is it possible for me to back up my PS2 games to CD-R?? It looks like mine are all DVD versions of games, but I've heard someone backed up one of their PS2 games onto a CD-R... Is this true?? If so what programs would I need and how do I do it!!!!

Thank you

Paul

Basically it involves ripping stuff out, resampling stuff, etc. and I am not sure if it is possible with all games. Also don't think that there is any automated software for it.

Also, I'm moving this to the console backup forum.

zim_zimmer

Hi,

Thanks Poacher... I didn't introduce myself, sorry but I did use the search facility and didn't find anytinhg relating to what I needed, hence why I posted this question.

Can anyone help me at all??? If this is not possible which is the best DVD Burner to get and will they backup my PS2 games that are coming to the end of their disc life??

Thanks

zim_zimmer said:
Hi is it possible for me to back up my PS2 games to CD-R?? It looks like mine are all DVD versions of games, but I've heard someone backed up one of their PS2 games onto a CD-R... Is this true?? If so what programs would I need and how do I do it!!!!

Thank you

Paul
Welcome to the forum. You need to either be very good and knowledgable at what you are doing, or get a pre-made rip-kit put together by somebody else :) Check out alucard's site www.alucard.cc for rip-kits. I think that you basically copy the game files to an area on your PC HDD, then run the rip-kit against the files. This trims out any un-necessary files.