Backup Error- Green Screen

airmol11

PS2 Backup Error- Green Screen

Hello,
I have a PS2 with fliptop lid, swap magic 2.0 dvd and cd versions, and cd loader.
I am having an issue with my backup of True Crime. When booted, the game plays throught the developer screens, then freezes with a lime green screen(complete screen covered in green). I have not had this issue with any other double check cds. Has anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:

ps2king

airmol11 said:
Sorry, I don't know how to shrink the image.
hmmm.... That's weird, that's the first time I've been asked that. I'm going to have to recommend you to either www.psxforum.com or www.ps2newz.net or www.ps2ownz.com You can try any of the 3 sites and hopefully you'll get help from there.

Does this green screen just stay there until you turn off the ps2? Before you go to those sites. Does this only happen with True Crime?

P.S> What do you mean by Double check CD's?

airmol11

Double Check: Games that require use of cd loader to load. I was told these games have protection that checks twice, as opposed to once. So, to load you would use swap magic cd, then cd loader, then swap magic dvd, then the backup.

This is the method used on LOTR Return of the King, which works fine. Thanks for the leads on the other sites. I will check them out. Yeah, it only happens with True Crime, and the screen stays until I turn it off. All other games work fine.

zim_zimmer

Could be something to do with you not having an RGB cable? You usually get GREENSCREEN when you have a copied movie. Just get yourself an RGB cable, not only will it take the greenscreen away but it will enhance your PS2's graphics no end.