Bac up DVD problem

Hi guys still new at this so hope ya can help :D

i have made a back up of X-men2 which works ok on my home DVD and on my other half's home system as well.

but when i want to watch it on my Computer i have problem :(

when i use CyberLink PowerDVD ver 5 it starts up ok then error comes up saying DVD-Video playback graph could not be built due to insufficient decoders.

Now if i try it in Windows Media Player 9 i get a prolem with some Square thing on the screen that moves all over the dam pleace(but u don't see it on home systems at all)
here is link you will see it i have marked it.
hxxp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-1/582250/xmen2.jpg

yet the DVD flim works on on home DVD noproblem at all.

any help would be great

big thanks in advance

Last edited:
i've never heard of this problem myself, but i believe there's a patch out for powerdvd 5 that u can try and see if it fixes it.

Thanks AZI

Will have a look round

I don't know what the hell it is moving around lol

but i just got a flim of my mate to check out with his DVD and it does the same Hmmmmmm, But it does not do it on home dvd at so i don't know what it is, Think i'lll have to look round to see.

If any one else can come up with any idears of what going on please reply any help would be greatfull.

Big Thanks

tearabite

similuar problem..

i have a friend that is having the same problem..
If he makes a backup using DVDShrink and Nero, it plays fine on his (and my) stand-alone DVD player, but wont play on his PC or my pc, or anyone else's pc with PowerDVD OR ATI-DVD Player.
PowerDVD either plays the first few seconds and freezez, or gives a message that the disk is dirty or scratched.. this happens with DVD+r's, -r, and +RW.. if he does a backup with DVDxPress, it plays fine on all PC's and stand-alones..

any help would be appreciated..

terminator911

Hey there guy... look for "Elecard MPEG2 Decoder Package 2.0" on yahoo or google and download it. Now use Media Player to play your DVD and if the problem persists then might as well download BSPlayer to play your movies, its a great player and it plays everything.

BSPlayer will only work for your DVD with the Elecard Decoder...

Terminator
PS: Please report back to let us know if advice works